This job posting has expired
Digital Twin Engineer
Location : Pune, Maharashtra
Headquarters : Cork, Ireland
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Johnson Controls is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, protected veteran status, status as a qualified individual with a disability, or any other characteristic protected by law. For more information, please view EEO is the Law. If you are an individual with a disability and you require an accommodation during the application process, please visit www.johnsoncontrols.com/tomorrowneedsyou.
- India Engineering Center (IEC) is part of the global product development and engineering organization of Johnson Controls. Employing over 1400 engineers from multiple engineering discipline and specialization, we are spread across Pune, Mumbai and Gurgaon. We work in the product development space which ranges from core mechanical design, automation integration, development of embedded electronic components, software design and development, cloud application, machine learning and data science applications.
- Johnson Controls Digital Solutions is looking for a Digital Twin Engineer with experience in BIM modeling, building OT/IT systems installation and configuration to join a growing team of experts in the field of smart buildings. As a member of the engineering team, you will be working on data onboarding and commissioning digital products which connect to customer buildings to collect and stream data. OpenBlue Platform is JCI’s IoT platform which will be used to collect and process data from customer sites.
- Deep understanding of HVAC systems, Access Control systems and other OT/IT systems in the building will be required to be successful in this role. Prior experience with Autodesk modeling tools like Revit, BIM 360 and/or Tandem will be preferred.
- Process BIM files before ingestion to OpenBlue Platform
- Analyze HVAC points in terms of consistency and naming conventions
- Ingest building data into the platform
- Run Python scripts to automate some of the processes
- Understand the project requirement, review project inputs such as BMS database or I/O point list, control drawings, mechanical drawings, SLDs, functional descriptions diagrams (FDD) / sequence of operations (SOO) etc.
- Troubleshoot issues with the connectivity, configuration, or inconsistencies in data
- Technical acumen for HVAC equipment (AHU, VAV, FCU, Chillers, Cooling Tower) & Control system (Building Automation System), Security Systems, Fire Systems, Intercom System, Lighting System etc, Communication Protocols.
- Knowledge of Building Management System (BMS) / IBMS.
- Familiar with Autodesk Revit, BIM 360 and other BIM design tools
- Knowledge of basic HVAC systems such as Chilled Water System, Chillers, Cooling Towers, Primary & Secondary pumping systems, Hot Water System, Boilers, Different types of AHUs, FCUs, VAV etc.
- Knowledge of communication protocol like BACnet, Modbus, OPC and Integration of web APIs etc.
- Basic understanding of Video Management System, Access Control System, Lighting Control System etc.
- MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerPoint etc)
- Knowledge of Johnson Controls Metasys Building Management System (Preferred).
- Basic understanding of IT & OT, Cloud based analytics tools/solutions (Preferred).
- Basic understanding of Computer Networking, Servers, Windows/Linux Operating Systems etc.