This job posting has expired
Software Engineer /Developer (Product Development)
Location : Warren, MI
Headquarters : Detroit, Michigan, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Service-oriented architecture
- Family leave
- Parental leave
- This role is part of the Take 2 program, which is a program designed for those who took a career break of two years or more and are looking to re-enter the workforce. This program provides you with 12 week support system in the form of mentorship, professional and technical learning paths, and a community of the program's alumni network to support your career re-entry journey!
- We will make you a full-time employee upon hire, and eligible for benefits on day 1 including our robust paid family leave policy! A Take 2 Alumni liaison will contact you before your first day and provide additional support as you go through your first 12 weeks.
- As a Software Engineer / Developer, your responsibilitieswillinclude the implementation ofuse cases (engine, transmission, chassis and/or electrification software requirements), software design execution, andsoftware verification (unit testing, software integration testing,etc). Thefocuswill be onutilizing modern software techniques to design optimized software in service-oriented architecture (SOA) based on model-based system design.
- Supply common solutions across all GM In-House controllers
- Document requirements for design solutions and link them to test cases that can demonstrate software functionality
- Utilize automated test tools in build environments, benches, and vehicles to verify functionality at the Function, Controller and System level
- Coordinate and collaborate with departments outside engineering, such as Systems & Safety Engineering, Electrical Architecture, Calibration and Vehicle Performance
- BS in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Computer Engineering, or Computer Science
- Minimum 2+ years of experience with proven technical and professional skills in job-related area required
- Must have taken 2+ years away from career field to qualify for this Take 2 role.
- Working experience withC, C++ programming,andJava development
- Goodinterpersonal and relationship management skills to effectively collaborate with varying levels of the organization as needed
- Partnership and teamwork skills and ability to learn from and share knowledge with co-workers
- High level of integrity, ability to deal with ambiguity(and seek clarity as needed), takesinitiative
- Evidence of strong character with integrity, honesty,accountabilityand trust
- Uses creativity keeping the customer in mind
- Simulink Modeling and Auto Code Generation
- Bootloader, embedded OS, controller communication, or diagnostics
- GIT/source code management, CI/CD development, open source software development/contributor
- Network engineering, telecommunications, network development and testing
- Edge, cloud, IoT technologies, operating systems, OS internals, OS design, virtualization technologies, containerization/container development
- AUTOSAR standards and methodology
- CAN, LIN, or Ethernet communications protocol
- Data science, data analytic tools, machine learning, artificial intelligence(AI)
- Our vision is a world with Zero Crashes, Zero Emissions and Zero Congestion and we embrace the responsibility to lead the change that will make our world better, safer and more equitable for all.
- We aspire to be the most inclusive company in the world. We believe we all must make a choice every day - individually and collectively - to drive meaningful change through our words, our deeds and our culture. Our Work Appropriately philosophy supports our foundation of inclusion and provides employees the flexibility to work where they can have the greatest impact on achieving our goals, dependent on role needs. Every day, we want every employee, no matter their background, ethnicity, preferences, or location, to feel they belong to one General Motors team.
- General Motors is committed to being a workplace that is not only free of discrimination, but one that genuinely fosters inclusion and belonging. We strongly believe that workforce diversity creates an environment in which our employees can thrive and develop better products for our customers. We understand and embrace the variety through which people gain experiences whether through professional, personal, educational, or volunteer opportunities.GM is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
- We encourage interested candidates to review the key responsibilities and qualifications and apply for any positions that match your skills and capabilities.
- The policy of General Motors is to extend opportunities to qualified applicants and employees on an equal basis regardless of an individual's age, race, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression or veteran status. Additionally, General Motors is committed to being an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Employer and offers opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities.
- If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, email us atCareers.Accommodations@GM.com. In your email, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.