This job posting has expired
Location : Tucson, AZ 85706
Headquarters : Tokyo, Japan
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Data Scientist
Experience : Mid Level
- Distributed systems
- Continuous integration
- Master's degree
- Health insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Retirement plan
- Modular Mining Systems is the global leader in mine management technology and a wholly owned subsidiary of Komatsu Ltd. Our innovative technology powers mine operations in every corner of the globe. The products we cultivate, the solutions we engineer and the service we deliver set us apart in the Mining Technology industry. We are more than a company, we’re a community of passionate, creative professionals striving toward a shared vision: to revolutionize the way the mining industry operates. With a presence stretching from Johannesburg to Vancouver, Sydney to Lima, you are part of a global brand that supports creativity, fosters innovation and encourages you to think big, share ideas and be yourself.
- This role will need to collaborate extensively with other Komatsu groups and regional service distributors, to coordinate and deliver solutions to the customer. The position operates in a fast-paced, at times 24-7, an environment that requires constant multi-tasking as a member of a geographically diverse, cross-functional team in a multi-cultural setting requiring excellent communication and organizational skills.
- This position is critical for executing the company’s global system analytics initiatives; driving gains in customer productivity, machine performance through increased availability, supporting initiatives to reduce customer TCO and management of proprietary data for improved product offerings leading to increased sales.
- If you consider yourself someone who can apply technical know-how to create practical solutions in a dynamic and team-oriented environment, this is a great opportunity to work side by side with some of the biggest innovators in the Mining technology industry.
- Travel Requirements Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Support & Enable Customer Success Programs
- Utilizing data analytics tools within the Analytic Ecosystem (KMAP, Intellimine, IoT, Synergy) to drive customer engagements for data driven decision making. Leverages near real-time information to make quick and pro-active changes in a mining operation. Impower the customers with information at a system level that has been enriched from raw mine & machine data.
- Establish common processes and systems for data analysis activities. The data analysis applied at one customer must be able to scale other global customers. Analysis techniques must be robust to empower data from operations that are not connected to those with data streaming from connected equipment.
- Develop innovative solutions to problems in the space of system performance/health/maintenance enhancement and integrated mining systems optimization that leverage structured and unstructured, diverse ‘big data’ from the global equipment fleet, Komatsu engineering models, and state-of-the-art analytics tools/algorithms.
- Demonstrate Komatsu as a data expert via publications, tradeshows, industry groups/events, value in use cases, etc.
- Collaborate with multiple Komatsu groups on CI activities & Data Analysis
- Transform Komatsu’s traditional approach on data analytics from product-centric to a focus on optimizing a customer’s entire mining operation (Komatsu value proposition, not a single OEM value proposition for a limited product line – that will be the OEMs’ responsibility).
- Provide quality control and quality assurance for analysis that become customer-facing
- Champion the application of data science, signal processing, estimation and optimization theory, and machine learning techniques for large data sets, to meet evolving business needs.
- Provide Link Between Regional Analytic Developers & Customer Success
- Provide documentation and training material to empower others within the Komatsu organization to utilize the tools, reports, analysis, and data from the MTS Ecosystem.
- Perform gap analysis and feedback sessions from other analytic developers within the Komatsu & MTS groups. Enhance the system documentation and training material to make utilizing the MTS Ecosystem intuitive. Provide use case to product management when technologies gaps are identified.
- Identify, Engage with, and Qualify Customer Operations for Customer Success Programs
- Participate in pilot site activities to validate data analytics tools and services
- Accurately identify customer’s goals and objectives
- Provide input on use cases to help the Ecosystem development team
- Provide documentation of case studies to assist future marketing efforts
- Requires a minimum of Bachelors in a quantitative discipline (Computer Science, Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Data Science, or equivalent) with the preference of Masters and 2+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas:
- Data mining, knowledge extraction, text mining;
- Machine learning, regression, classification, clustering, deep learning;
- Digital signal processing, time series data, pattern recognition and extraction;
- Personalization, recommender systems;
- Estimation and optimization of dynamic and distributed systems.
- Experience in processing noisy real-world time series sensor data is required.
- Familiarity with the acquisition and collection of sensor data, and designing controlled experiments to support research and development is a strong plus.
- Demonstrates conceptual and practical expertise in own discipline and basic knowledge of related disciplines.
- Computational or data science-oriented programming language (e.g. MATLAB, Python, R, SQL)
- Git version control
- Parallelized computation (Spark / DataBricks)
- Agile Development methodology
- Excellent communication skills
- Test-driven development
- Excellent track record driving programmatic solutions through the complete project life cycle.
- We believe strongly in a healthy work/life balance and we love to brag about all the great things are members enjoy; like comprehensive health and benefit packages, tuition reimbursement, RRSP contributions with company match, flexible scheduling options and, of course, an excellent vacation policy. We are a global organization with a reputation for having premier people building premier products, we offer competitive compensation packages and a culture that thrives off creativity, collaboration and teamwork.
- Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.