This job posting has expired
Systems / Applications Engineer
Location : San Jose, CA 95131
Headquarters : Carlsbad, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Systems Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Root cause analysis
- Laboratory experience
- Doctoral degree
- Master's degree
- Competitive comparison of electrical and system level performances
- Specify product validation plan, system simulation plan, compliance testing and interoperability
- Creation of Systems Requirements Document (SRD) working closely with Systems or IC Lead
- Ensure design outcome matches SRD requirements
- Design and implement evaluation boards for system level characterization per product validation plan
- Interface with Applications in defining customer evaluation boards
- Detailed IC characterization, document systems char results and highlight spec deviations from SRD
- Create, own, and sign off data sheet using SRD as the basis
- Provide applications training at product release
- Provide support to Applications and Quality teams for customer returns related to technical issues
- Good understanding of general IC design concepts and IC performance at PCB level
- Strong PCB knowledge including schematic and layout design with hands-on experience with PCB prototyping and optimization of board design
- Knowledge and understanding of PCB level parasitics and impact to IC performance
- Familiarity with passive component characteristics
- Ability to generate validation test plans & procedures, product documentation and detailed systems evaluation reports
- Strong lab skills in test automation, programming, using lab equipment, testing, debugging, trouble shooting and root cause analysis to support engineering teams
- Familiarity and experience using Lab instruments including power supplies, spectrum analyzer, signal generator, network analyzer, oscilloscope, logic analyzer
- Ability to clearly communicate cross functionally with internal departments is a must
- Able to understand test engineering data and run bench correlation tests
- Self-motivated with great sense of ownership and responsibility
- Solid problem-solving skills with ability to learn quickly in different application areas
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering; we are looking for new grads and experienced engineer
- MaxLinear is a global, New York Stock Exchange-traded company (NYSE: MXL) where the entrepreneurial spirit is alive and well. We are a fabless system-on-chip product company, striving to improve the world’s communication networks for everyone through our highly integrated radio-frequency (RF), analog, digital, and mixed-signal semiconductor solutions for access and connectivity, wired and wireless infrastructure, and industrial and multi-market applications.
- We hire the best people in the industry and engage them in some of the most exciting opportunities that connect the world we live in today. Our growth has come from innovative, bold approaches to solving some of the world’s most challenging communication technology problems in the most efficient and effective manner.
- MaxLinear began by developing the world’s first high-performance TV tuner chip using standard CMOS process technology. Others said we couldn’t achieve the extremely high-performance requirements using CMOS, but we proved them wrong and achieved enduring global market leadership with our designs. Since then, we’ve developed a full line of products that drive 4G and 5G infrastructure; enable data center, metro and long-haul optical interconnects; bring 10Gbit to the home; power the IoT revolution; and enable robust and reliable communication in harsh industrial environments. Over the years, we’ve expanded through organic growth and through several acquisitions that have perfectly complemented our existing portfolio and enabled us to deliver complete end-to-end solutions in our target markets. One such example was the acquisition of Intel’s Home Gateway Platform Division that added Wi-Fi, Ethernet, and Broadband Gateway Processor SoC technology to our connected home portfolio creating a complete and scalable platform of connectivity and access solutions to fully address our customers’ needs.
- Our headquarters are in Carlsbad, near San Diego, California. We also have major design centers in Irvine and San Jose, California; Waltham, Massachusetts; Vancouver, Canada; Valencia, Spain; Bangalore, India; Villach, Austria; Munich, Germany; Israel; and Singapore.
- We have approximately 1,500 employees, a substantial majority of whom have engineering degrees and include masters and Ph.D. graduates from many of the premiere universities around the world. Our employees thrive on innovation, outstanding execution, outside-the-box thinking, nimbleness, and collaboration. Together, we form a high-energy business team that is focused on building the best and most innovative products on the market.