This job posting has expired
Senior Software Development Engineer IoT
Location : Santa Clara, CA
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
- Computer networking
- Back-end development
- At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission: Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
- We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish — but we’re not here for easy. We’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting the way things are done, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
- We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
- At Palo Alto Networks, we have built a firewall-as-a-platform that can process massive volumes of network data from hundreds of thousands of customer deployments and millions of users. We leverage data science and machine learning extensively to analyze the network traffic, to protect the users' data and network from malicious exploits and attacks, to provide the most insightful knowledge for our customers' OT operations. You will have the chance to work with a group of most talented data scientists, software developers and security researchers, and be part of an amazing team that helps unlock the value of data. You will conduct research and participate in product development that helps build a platform to protect the ever growing number of Internet of Things, solve the ever growing challenges in cyber security, and drive technology evolution that creates positive impact over business and in the communities.
- This role is located at our Santa Clara, CA Headquarters. Please clarify if you are open to relocation, as this is not a fully remote role.
- Design and implement data pipeline modules to process network traffic log and apply feature engineering techniques to extract new data insights.
- Build threat detections over streaming data.
- Help improve the scalability and performance of the IOT ML data pipeline.
- Model and analyze network data, identify IoT devices and their associated risks using a network data set
- Build tools and automation needed for IoT network data analytics with the capacity to leverage new software technologies
- Support requests from the field teams and the customers to triage, root cause and fix software and data issues.
- Minimum 3 years industry experience as backend or platform software developer; job level can be based on experience
- Please highlight your experience in DPI, network data analytics, and enterprise networking system
- Proficient in Java, Apache Spark and Python; solid in design patterns
- Good domain knowledge and skills in data processing
- Good understanding of AWS cloud based application infrastructure
- Solid interpersonal communication with excellent writing skills
- A team first player who understands the value of collaboration
- Have career interest in cyber security; a passion for technology that helps protect people
- Graduate level degree
- We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together. To learn more about our dedication to inclusion and innovation, visit our Life at Palo Alto Networks page and our diversity website.
- We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com.
- Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
- All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.