This job posting has expired
Software Engineering – Big Data ( Jan to May 2022)
Location : Boston, MA
Headquarters : Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hiring Mode : Intern
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- This Internship will run from Jan 10 to May 27, 2022
- We’re looking for a Software Engineering Intern to join our Big Data IoT Platform team in Burlington MA.
- Working for Signify means being creative and adaptive. Our culture of continuous learning and commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career. Together, we’re transforming our industry.
- As the world leader in lighting, we’re constantly ahead of the curve. Through our leadership in connected lighting and the Internet of Things, we’re breaking new grounds in data analytics, AI, and smart homes, offices, cities and more!
- Signify is one of the few companies in the world to achieve carbon neutrality and our next sustainability goals are even bolder: doubling our positive impact on the environment and society by 2025.
- We are building a world-class Internet of Things (IoT) platform that is being deployed at massive scale. We provide the industrial-grade technology platform upon which we enable the rapid and efficient creation of high value-added products, systems and services by all Signify businesses, spanning professional (B2B) and consumer (B2C) segments.
- As a Software Engineering Intern, you’ll have knowledge and interest to developing distributed cloud-based services that developers and customers love to use! The ideal candidate is a committed member of the team, focuses on what’s important, sees technical ambiguity as an opportunity rather than a challenge, has the communication skills and knowledge that make this individual an indispensable member of any software engineering organization.
- We’re on the lookout for forward-thinking innovators with a passion for sustainability. If you match this description, get in touch!
- This internship could lead to an at-will full-time position within Signify.
- Design and implementation of new features for the Signify IoT platform
- Work closely with architects and technical product managers and other members of your team to translate overall system architecture and product requirements into well-designed, implemented and tested software solutions
- Work in an agile environment to deliver high-quality software in an incremental manner.
- Minimum of 3.0 GPA is required
- Student must be actively enrolled in Bachelor’s or Master’s degree program in Computer Science or a related technical discipline during time of internship
- Java or other objected oriented programming skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a collaborative environment
- Knowledge of Cloud and Big Data technologies such as AWS, Spark / Kafka
- Familiarity with Git and CI/CD
- We’re offering multiple opportunities for career development, like mentoring, coaching and stretch assignments, with strong international exposure for dynamic profiles. Learning is fundamental to our culture. Through continuous learning, we are transforming the industry. You have the chance to learn every day, acquire new skills and perspectives through customized online programs, and on-the-job experiences.
- See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!
- Signify is the world leader in lighting. We provide professional customers and consumers with quality, energy-efficient LED lighting. And our lights, when connected, bring data to devices, apps and people – redefining what light can do and how you use it. Today, our innovations, such as LiFi – internet connectivity through light – and UV-C, solar and horticultural lighting, contribute to a safer, smarter, more sustainable world.
- We’re operating in 74 countries with 32,000 people worldwide.