This job posting has expired
Senior Software Engineer (Remote)
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : 1800 Duke St Suite 108, Alexandria, VA 22314, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
- Continuous integration
- Relational databases
- Stock options
- 401(k) matching
- Join us as we revolutionize the hospital pharmacy landscape!
- Our mission is to wow customers with smart, elegant solutions that help healthcare providers increase efficiency, safety and visibility from manufacturer to bedside.
- Our 'vibe' is start-up, but we already have over 700 customers who are tracking medications using our proven solutions. If you have a knack for making complex things simple and an interest in the practical application of artificial intelligence and IoT technologies, we have a place for you!
- Kit Check is looking for a Senior Software Engineer to help us redefine and grow our suite of healthcare data products to further the company's mission of "Medication Intelligence". Our hospital and pharmacy customers rely on us to keep their patients safe and their pharmacies running smoothly while delighting them with every release. By streamlining their pharmacy's daily routines with our RFID inventory management solution and reducing risk and enhancing their compliance with our controlled substance tracking platform, we're committed to improving medication management for our nation's healthcare providers, and our data operations and products are the backbone of our offerings.
- Kit Check is seeking a Senior Software Engineer to help us build the next generation of healthcare e-commerce. Our platform is novel in that our high visibility into the supply chain enables us to provide ordering insights that help hospital buyers make informed purchasing decisions. This is an opportunity to get in on the ground floor and create a greenfield healthcare solution.
- Collaborate with team members to design and build high scale fault tolerant systems to support e-commerce
- Participate in code reviews
- Mentor junior developers
- Love of solving problems and building things
- Minimum of 5 years experience as a software engineer
- At least 1 year of recent Rails experience
- Strong understanding of relational databases and related topics (data modeling, diagnosing slow queries, etc.)
- Extensive experience working with APIs and knowledge of HTTP and REST principles
- Solid understanding of software engineering best practices (code reviews, source control, build processes, testing, etc.)
- Empathy with your coworkers and our customers
- Exemplification of our core values (Get Stuff Done, Join Forces, Honor the Customer, Redefine Possible, and Have Fun)
- Sense of ownership in your work
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Great analytical, critical thinking, and problem-solving abilities
- Strong adaptability and capacity to work in fast-paced environments
- You have a willingness to learn, teach and step outside of your comfort zone
- Ability to present results, in written and verbal mediums, to both non-technical and technical audiences
- Experience with high scale e-commerce solutions
- Knowledge of EDI
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools
- Knowledge of the pharmaceutical supply chain
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field
- Opportunity to shape the future of e-commerce at Kit Check
- A strong voice in what we work on, how it works, and how we build it
- Room to be creative
- Trust in your sense of ownership
- Dedicated budget for training and career development
- Coworkers you'll learn from and who are looking to learn from you
- Kit Check’s culture is built on collaboration and innovation. There’s room to grow and opportunities to take initiative. You will partner with sharp, motivated teammates looking to disrupt a massive industry—and have fun while doing it.
- If helping us define new data-driven medication intelligence products as well as improving products that have a great track record with our customers sounds like the opportunity for you, we'd love to talk!
- This position is a remote position and open to applicants in the continental United States.
- We truly believe that where you work matters and we want happy employees. So join us on our mission – we intend to have a heck of a good time as we get there.
- Competitive salary
- Time off when you need it – unlimited vacation days!
- Generous insurance coverage
- 401k program with a company match
- Employee stock options
- Fun, collaborative culture!
- Equal Opportunity Employer Veterans/Disabled