This job posting has expired
Data Scientist, Senior
Location : Aurora, CO
Headquarters : McLean, Virginia, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Data Scientist
Experience : Senior Level
- Commuter assistance
- Health insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Employee assistance program
- Retirement plan
- Are you excited at the prospect of unlocking the secrets held by a data set? Are you fascinated by the possibilities presented by the IoT, machine learning, and artificial intelligence advances? In an increasingly connected world, massive amounts of structured and unstructured data open up new opportunities. As a data scientist, you can turn these complex data sets into useful information to solve global challenges. Across private and public sectors — from fraud detection, to cancer research, to national intelligence — you know the answers are in the data.
- We have an opportunity for you to use your analytical skills to improve a client's data science capability. You’ll work closely with your customer to understand their questions and needs, and then dig into their data-rich environment to find the pieces of their information puzzle. You’ll think creatively to apply the right combination of tools and frameworks to turn that set of disparate data points into objective answers to help clients make informed decisions. You’ll provide your customer with a deep understanding of their data, what it all means, and how they can use it.
- Empower change with us.
- 1+ years of experience with data science, data analytics, or data engineering
- Experience with data mining, databases and data structures, or data cleaning and processing methods
- Experience with supporting or leading development efforts, including deck development, technical writing, and facilitating client technical exchanges
- TS/SCI clearance
- Bachelor's degree
- Experience with working with cross-functional teams of developers and designers to make analyses come to life
- Knowledge of Agile development practices and ceremonies
- Possession of excellent communication skills
- Applicants selected will be subject to a security investigation and may need to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information; TS/SCI clearance is required.
- The proposed salary range for this position in Colorado is 110,000 to 120,000. Final salary will be determined based on various factors.
- At Booz Allen, we celebrate your contributions, provide you with opportunities and choice, and support your total well-being. Our comprehensive benefit offerings include healthcare, retirement plan, insurance programs, commuter program, employee assistance program, paid and unpaid leave programs, education assistance, and childcare benefits.
- At Booz Allen, we know the power of analytics and we’re dedicated to helping you grow as a data analysis professional.
- access online and onsite training in data analysis and presentation methodologies, and tools like Hortonworks, Docker, Tableau, and Splunk
- change the world with the Data Science Bowl—the world’s premier data science for social good competition
- participate in partnerships with data science leaders, like our partnership with NVIDIA to deliver Deep Learning Institute (DLI) training to the federal government
- You’ll have access to a wealth of training resources through our Analytics University, an online learning portal specifically geared towards data science and analytics skills, where you can access more than 5000 functional and technical courses, certifications, and books. Build your technical skills through hands-on training on the latest tools and state-of-the-art tech from our in-house experts. Pursuing certifications that directly impact your role? You may be able to take advantage of our tuition assistance, on-site bootcamps, certification training, academic programs, vendor relationships, and a network of professionals who can give you helpful tips. We’ll help you develop the career you want as you chart your own course for success.
- We’re an EOE that empowers our people—no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other protected characteristic—to fearlessly drive change.