This job posting has expired
Location : London
Headquarters : Riverside Building, County Hall, Sustainable Workspaces, Third Floor, Westminster Bridge Rd, London SE1 7PB
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Do you love making tech work seamlessly? Are you excited by the idea of using your data engineering skills to push the boundaries of IoT technology? Are you looking to progress your career and work on a new product from start to finish? Do you want to contribute to a low carbon future?
- This role helps to build our products, and operate the services that they depend on.
- You’ll be responsible to help implement and operate our analytics and machine learning data pipeline, providing a set of services that make it easy to implement the improvement of our Guru Pinpoint software, as well as future services that require data processing and analysis.
- You’ll own the end-to-end quality of data and guard Guru’s software architecture, making sure it works today and in future. To support this, you’ll also provide advice on technology and implementation choices for our data processing pipeline.
- You’ll work to provide an acceptable service uptime to our clients and respond to and resolve incidents, escalating when required, and communicating the detail needed by our Client Services and Site Delivery teams so that they can manage tickets.
- You’ll create techdocs that detail the design of a subsystem, including considerations as to how this fits into Guru’s wider architecture. You’ll then implement these subsystems, deploy them, identify and fix any bugs, as well as resolving any ambiguities in specifications. You’ll also review code changes for correctness, architectural clarity and style.
- Has built and operated production data processing pipelines before, including analytics and machine learning
- Experience with Apache Spark or similar
- 5+ years experience in Python, Golang, Java or similar
- Excellent interpersonal and presentational skills, with the ability to communicate clearly in written and spoken English.
- Strong empathy and the capacity to react calmly and efficiently, even when others are stressed
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager, this is a full time permanent role with 25 days’ holiday each year.
- Be part of a growing innovative business and help shape the future of energy
- Collaborative, flexible and friendly environment
- Bespoke personal development budget
- Normal working hours are 9.00 am to 5:30 pm
- Guru Systems will match 5% pension contributions
- We host regular virtual socials and are always finding creative ways of staying connected with each other
- 2 Volunteer / Social Engagement Days
- We offer great perks and discounts with free access to health and wellness support and more
- To apply, please email a copy of your CV to email@example.com