This job posting has expired
Cloud Architect - IBM Garage for Cloud - UK
Location : London
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Architect
Experience : Mid Level
- At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate. Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
- The IBM Garage is an “Innovation and Transformation” consultancy. Our design first organization applies IBM Design Thinking and Lean User Experience (UX) techniques to help our clients, large and small, deliver amazing experiences to their customers by helping them identify and build innovative applications on the IBM Cloud. Our fast paced, collaborative, and co-located teams make the IBM Garage the most exciting place to be.
- IBM's Cloud Technology is core part of our company's strategy. IBM Cloud is trailblazing new technology platform and services, DevOps, business models, developer outreach, and with the creation of the Garage - a new type of consulting services lab.
- Our clients who choose IBM Cloud are looking for innovation and agility in how apps are defined, designed, and developed. The notion of the Garage was born out of the changes on how we work with our customers. This is a distinctively new approach to app development - a 180-degree shift from the way that IBM does client engagements. We are bringing clients into the Garage; where we are using IBM Design Thinking which will lead to a Minimal Viable Product (MVP) definition for the application that will adopt agile practices for developing quality apps rapidly.
- As part of an entrepreneurial team, the successful candidate will leverage their deep technical knowledge across technologies, best practices and industries to provide leadership and expertise to architect and design IBM Cloud Solutions that will help our clients drive forward technology benefits and business outcomes. They will work with cutting edge technologies such as Watson, Blockchain, IoT, Big Data, DevOps, Docker, Kubernetes, and Cloud Foundry as well as with a passionate team of people who are driving the innovation and digital transformation to cross-industry enterprise clients with the adoption of IBM Cloud.
- Provide Thought Leadership and Subject Matter Expertise in cloud and hybrid-cloud computing across multiple channels; thereby becoming a trusted advisor to influential decision makers
- Provide end-to-end technical guidance and expertise; creatively applying cloud infrastructure and platform services o help solve business problems; and communicating these approaches to different business audiences in designated industries
- Represent and facilitate IBM Cloud architecture in discovery discussions with prospective clients, assess architecture needs for projects, work with Development leads and Designers to scope and craft proposals
- Upon commencement of engagements, co-lead client workshops with Designers; influencing participants from all levels of our clients' organization to find the best outcomes and arrive at the architecture that will support the engagement
- Work with clients and IBM teams to identify business problems and provide innovative solutions to them while evangelizing and accelerating the adoption of current and future IBM Cloud services and technologies
- Using exceptional communication skills and with input from product management, development, and architecture thought leaders, work to deliver high quality end-to-end Solutions at Scale in response to the identified business requirements from our clients
- Work to harvest best practices and document lessons learned as part of continuous improvement of our offerings
- Explore and develop new technical skills, absorbing professional knowledge quickly and using demonstrated interpersonal skills to be an effective ambassador for IBM Cloud
- Mentor/grow leaders for Garages in other cities
- The primary teams that you will work with are Garage Developers & Designers, Customer Product Managers, Subject Matter Experts and Garage Practice Leaders.
- The IBM Garage is looking for talent that has a passion to innovate and is willing to take on challenges that are outside of their comfort zone.
- Please note that this is an internal only position and limits candidates to current regular IBMers of the same employing entity / company as the posted position.
- Extensive experience in a client facing role
- Experience in Technical consulting; working with a variety of technology systems, architecting Cloud Application Solutions for clients
- Experience in building cloud applications
- Extensive experience in Java and other languages
- Experience adopting and using new technologies
- Preferred Technical and Professional Expertise
- Experience in architecting / deploying / operating solutions built on IBM Cloud
- Experience in migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
- Extensive experience in working within software development
- Experience in technology/software sales consulting or equivalent skills
- Experience in Cognitive, Blockchain and/or IOT technologies
- Understanding of pair programming
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD), cloud, mobile, or open source technologies are a significant plus
- About Business UnitDigitization is accelerating the ongoing evolution of business, and clouds - public, private, and hybrid - enable companies to extend their existing infrastructure and integrate across systems. IBM Cloud provides the security, control, and visibility that our clients have come to expect. We are working to provide the right tools and environment to combine all of our client’s data, no matter where it resides, to respond to changing market dynamics.
- Your Life @ IBMWhat matters to you when you’re looking for your next career challenge?
- Maybe you want to get involved in work that really changes the world? What about somewhere with incredible and diverse career and development opportunities – where you can truly discover your passion? Are you looking for a culture of openness, collaboration and trust – where everyone has a voice? What about all of these? If so, then IBM could be your next career challenge. Join us, not to do something better, but to attempt things you never thought possible.
- Impact. Inclusion. Infinite Experiences. Do your best work ever.
- About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
- Location Statement IBM wants you to bring your whole self to work and for you this might mean the ability to work flexibly. If you are interested in a flexible working pattern, please talk to our recruitment team to find out if this is possible in the current working environment.
- Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.