Location : Newcastle NSW
Headquarters : Mayfield West, Australia
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : DevOps Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- At Bradken we’re more than solutions providers, we’re visionaries paving the way for a more productive and prosperous future for our customers. With a 3000-strong workforce, our ability to adapt and evolve keeps us positioned firmly as global leaders in the wear solutions market for the resources sector.
- Joining the growing Research and Development team in the Newcastle Innovation Centre and reporting to our Program Manager, the DevOps Engineer - Digital Solutions will be a key role in the rapid development of software products within Bradken’s Digital Solution projects.
- As the first dedicated DevOps Engineer, you will leverage Bradken’s Microsoft Azure infrastructure to enable the software engineering team to scale the development of projects that include browser-based applications, IoT dashboards, native mobile applications and API integrations with third-party systems.
- Ensuring our infrastructure is robust, reliable and ready to scale to our global corporate customer base.
- You will be an innovator with strong interpersonal skills, contributing to the development of more efficient and effective customer solutions for the longer term while also managing existing customer data and products.
- You will play a key role in the preparation of technical documentation in regards to security and compliance and administer change management at all levels.
- You will provide expert technical support of new software deployments, integration, troubleshooting and diagnostics.
- As a self-driven professional and an excellent multi-tasker, you can demonstrate experience managing multiple projects across engineering disciplines and customer sites.
- Demonstrated experience of managing DevOps environment on Microsoft Azure platform using Azure PowerShell or equivalent.
- Demonstrated experience of working in a scalable and distributed software development team.
- Demonstrated experience of software development, preferably relating to IoT systems.
- Experience in integrating with and managing native iOS and Android app platforms.
- Experience in .NET and relational databases would be advantageous.
- Experience in Python, C, C++ would be advantageous.
- Experience managing API integrations would be advantageous.
- Microsoft certification and training would be encouraged and supported.
- This role will also present opportunities to be a part of a growing solutions team to support ongoing investment and development in this area. You will maintain a keen customer focus to shape the direction of Bradken’s R&D activities relating to smart products.
- There is more to this exciting opportunity. We would love to be able to answer any questions you might have and receive your application.
- Why join our team at Bradken? We believe our people are our greatest asset. Keeping our team safe and healthy; physically and mentally has always been our top priority. We encourage and support dynamic and flexible work options to promote a healthy balance and let you get the most out of your time. We offer competitive pay and Total Reward packages. We also recognize and reward our employees for the great outcomes they produce and for living Our Values with local and global programs.
- Please apply along with your resume and a brief covering letter highlighting why this should be your next role by COB 12 November 2021.
- If you have any further questions about the role and would like to chat, you may reach Dee Dantuluri on 0499010922 weekdays Mon to Fri 8 am to 4pm QLD time.
- With 100 years of knowledge and experience behind us, we have endless opportunities ahead. Come and experience what a growing global business, transitioning into a new era of operation, has to offer.
- Before commencing employment, you will complete a psychometric assessment and a pre-employment medical including drug and alcohol testing.
- Bradken is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We are committed to providing a diverse, inclusive, engaging and flexible environment for our people because great things happen when individuals are allowed to bring their whole selves into their work. We assess all employment against merit, competence, performance and business needs.