This job posting has expired
Field Deployments Engineer
Location : Toronto, ON
Headquarters : San Francisco
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Did you know that the average American spends over 100 hours a year standing in line? Our time is valuable. We are all tired of waiting in line. With the convenience of online shopping and delivery services for every type of business everywhere, shoppers are demanding the same frictionless experience when it comes to shopping in a store. There has never been a more exciting time in retail for Zippin to deliver a cutting-edge shopping experience that will provide the highest level of service and anticipate the needs of shoppers.
- The Zippin platform-as-a-service provides a checkout-free solution for all kinds of stores, transportation hubs, sports arenas, business and university dining locations, and any other physical retail space. Shoppers are able to walk in the store, pick up what they want, and then leave. We use machine learning, computer vision, and sensor fusion to automatically charge shoppers when they walk out—a paradigm shift in the shopper experience, with no lines.
- In August of 2021, we closed a $30 million Series B funding round with participation from new and existing investors including OurCrowd, Maven Ventures, Evolv Ventures and SAP. This new round brings Zippin’s total funding to more than $45 million. This round comes on the heels of significant progress we’ve made in recent months, including signing numerous new accounts, launching multiple new public checkout-free stores, and further solidifying their leading technology within the future of retail.
- Zippin is looking for a Field Deployment Engineer for our Deployment team.
- This role will be responsible for providing on-site support for the deployment and installation of our technology at sites across the country. You will be a key part of the team ensuring project success and customer satisfaction. Strong technical ability, problem solving, and communication skills will be critical to success in this role.
- Travel to sites across the continental United States supporting Zippin deployments. Travel up to 75% is expected.
- Ensure devices at assigned sites are installed properly according to Zippin specifications.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues both remotely and in the field.
- Act as a subject-matter expert for Zippin store technical requirements.
- Assist with planning and preparations for deployments.
- Provide support and maintenance for existing sites as needed.
- Perform other duties as required to help ensure successful deployments.
- Prior IT or tech repair experience is required
- Self-starter who is comfortable working independently to complete project tasks.
- Ability to travel frequently
- Strong technical ability.
- Resourceful and relentless problem solver
- Strong communications skills
- History of installing or troubleshooting point of sale equipment or IoT devices
- Experience supporting food service or retail sites.
- Opportunity to see unique venues and cities across the country
- Work on the front lines installing cutting edge technology
- Our Vision
- To become the operating system for the store of the future.
- Our mission is to save shoppers time, improve their in-store experience and increase brand loyalty, while making retailers more profitable.
- Zippin is a values-based organization. We have a culture shaped by a clear set of ground rules establishing a framework and principles for decision-making, behaviors and a sense of community.
- Innovation - We have an ambitious vision, and any change, especially the zealous kind, requires big ideas.
- Integrity - We trust each other, and that trust is the foundation on which our relationships both internally and externally are built.
- Continuous Improvement - We see everything as improvable, and work at finding ways to do so, and enjoy moving toward our goals.
- Accountability - Our teammates have intrinsic enjoyment in taking ownership and delivering on what they say they will.
- Customer Focus - We care the most about what benefits our customers and partners.
- Zippin is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We're committed to fair hiring practices and a welcoming working environment. All candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, religion, ethnicity, age, gender, sexual identity or expression, medical condition, or socioeconomic status. We value our differences and we're excited to learn what you can add to our team.