SW Engineer IV
Location : Hyderabad, Telangana
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- NCR Corporation (NYSE: NCR) is a leading software- and services-led enterprise provider in the financial, retail and hospitality industries. NCR is headquartered in Atlanta, Georgia, with 36,000 employees globally. NCR is a trademark of NCR Corporation in the United States and other countries.
- The Channel Management team is responsible for creating multiple enterprise applications, in a scaled agile environment, to assist in the management of self-service devices (e.g. ATMs, retail self check-out machines, hospitality self check-in kiosks, etc). Our applications focus on the management of these endpoints, and cover: Inventory Management, Software Distribution, Device Management, automated Help Desk Workflows, and associated Business Intelligence. The successful applicant will contribute to the delivery of on premise/SaaS based Enterprise Web Applications to the Financial, Hospitality and Retail lines of business.
- We are looking for an experienced senior Software Engineer to join our Vision SWE team. You will be working with other developers, architects, product managers, product owners and senior stakeholders within a Scaled Agile Framework portfolio. The successful applicant will contribute to the delivery of on premise/SaaS based Enterprise Web Applications to the Financial, Hospitality and Retail lines of business.
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Development and review of changes with a focus for design, efficiency, and quality
- Contribute to improvements to the software development process
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for review
- Produce and maintain technical artifacts including diagrams & presentations.
- Provide ongoing technical guidance to the scrum team members as required.
- Working with QA specialists to ensure optimal automated testing and fault diagnostics.
- Working with DevOps specialists to facilitate continuous deployment as Product releases are created and Customers’ own DevOps pipelines deploy those releases.
- Assisting the QA specialists and development team with performance and resilience testing and issue resolution.
- 2+ years of working with cloud-based solutions, or applications transitioning to cloud
- 5+ years of working as a senior developer.
- Experience implementing Micro-service architectures and Micro-services.
- Previous production experience of cloud deployments including practical experience with one of the cloud providers; Azure, AWS or Google Cloud.
- Experience articulating NFRs and developing solutions to meet them
- Previous production experience with one or more Enterprise Applications.
- Experience working in a scrum, agile project
- Strong analytic and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Excellent mentoring skills.
- Experience of working with teams located at multiple geographic locations.
- Previous experience working in the Systems Management domain or IOT system.
- Experience working on a high-volume system.
- Significant experience of Java development.
- Experience with Product development and the deployment of Product across multiple institutions.
- Experience of working with Spring Boot and REST.
- Experience of working with Spring Security APIs.
- Experience of working with ElasticSearch and/or Solr.
- Experience of working with JMS and/or Kafka.
- Experience of working with Oracle and/or MS SQL.
- Experience working in a SAFe project.
- Candidates must possess a good degree in a technical subject.
- NCR is the global leader of self-service interactions, we are at the forefront of turning everyday transactions into exceptional experiences and making every day easier. NCR’s footprint extends over a wide spectrum of areas: from point of sale terminals to ATMs, from financial and retail management systems to global payment systems. The industry is changing at an incredible rate with the arrival of new and disruptive technologies and startups, and we want you to be a part of it. This is an exciting time to get involved in the new products and solutions that NCR is developing for this rapidly changing world, applying the latest technologies and development practices.
- Offers of employment are conditional upon passage of screening criteria applicable to the job.
- EEO Statement
- Integrated into our shared values is NCR's commitment to diversity and equal employment opportunity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, age, race, color, creed, religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, military service, genetic information, or any other characteristic or conduct protected by law. NCR is committed to being a globally inclusive company where all people are treated fairly, recognized for their individuality, promoted based on performance and encouraged to strive to reach their full potential. We believe in understanding and respecting differences among all people. Every individual at NCR has an ongoing responsibility to respect and support a globally diverse environment.
- Statement to Third Party Agencies
- To ALL recruitment agencies: NCR only accepts resumes from agencies on the NCR preferred supplier list. Please do not forward resumes to our applicant tracking system, NCR employees, or any NCR facility. NCR is not responsible for any fees or charges associated with unsolicited resumes.