Senior Engineering Manager â€“ for asset digitization
Location : Pune, Maharashtra
Headquarters : Copenhagen, Denmark
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Senior Level
- A.P. Moller - Maersk is an integrated container logistics company and member of the A.P. Moller Group. Connecting and simpli-fying trade to help our customers grow and thrive. With a dedicated team of over 80,000, operating in 130 countries; we go all the way to enable global trade for a growing world. From the farm to your refrigerator, or the factory to your wardrobe, A.P. Moller - Maersk is developing solutions that meet customer needs from one end of the supply chain to the other.
- We are currently looking for a Senior Engineering Manager to join our IoT and Automation platform team - based in Copenha-gen or India.
- As an Engineering manager, you own building, managing, focusing, and developing an engineering team that meets the needs of the business and works well within the overall system architecture. You draw from a deep and broad technical expertise to
- mentor engineers, complete hands on technical work, and provide leadership on complex technology issues in the
- company. While you should possess deep technical skills, you spend majority of your time building and nurturing great software engineering talent.
- Responsible for providing technology leadership to engineering team to ensure products and platform services get built based on defined specifications and industry best practices in a timely manner
- Delivery accountability and implementation ownership of IoT and smart asset-based initiatives.
- In charge of defining processes & systems to manage workstreams that include software IOT/OT engineering, data sci-ence, data engineering & software engineering.
- Drive compliance & adherence to processes amongst the staff
- Work with product owner, scrum masters and the scrum team do release and sprint planning and provide team commit-ments accordingly
- Drive career growth for your team members by understanding their aspirations and connecting them with Maersk’s strat-egy
- Attract world class talent and provide technical guidance, career development, and mentoring to team members
- Work with the team to publish research and represent Maersk at top-notch professional venues.
- Have financial and budgetary responsibility for area of delivery.
- A total of 10+ years of industry experience with 5+ years of experience in architecting and/or developing and delivering end to end products/solutions. Minimum of 2+ years of experience in managing 2-3 scrum teams
- Expertise in building solutions in an agile/DevOps environment as well as managing teams in that space
- Experience in building scalable, high availability platforms and products.
- The ability to continually identify team improvements (retrospective analysis, maturity assessments and OKR’s
- and KPI’s)
- An understanding of the trade-off between technical investments and continual delivery of business outcome
- The ability to provide direction, support, and guidance for others
- Experience in .Net Core, Angular to be able to mentor, code-review and contribute to product development
- Good understanding of cloud technologies like Azure
- Understanding of IoT, AI, machine learning and process automation technologies
- Experience with IoT devices, gateways and communication technologies would be desirable
- Understanding of evolving technology patterns e.g. Event Streaming
- Independently lead solution design and estimation
- Expertise on building horizontally scalable, distributed, resilient, fault tolerant and monitored solutions
- Understanding software industry trends and relevant innovations in software delivery methods
- Experience with Information Security management - Maintain the data confidentiality & integrity and relevant compliance of information systems.