R&D Senior Engineer
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Switzerland
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
- Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
- ABB is a leading global technology company that energizes the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future. With a history of excellence stretching back more than 130 years, ABB has been a pioneer through the four Industrial revolutions and is at the forefront of the Industry 4.0. By delivering digitalization to its electrification, robotics, automation and motion portfolio, ABB pushes the boundaries of technology to drive performance to new levels.
- ABB Industrial Automation is writing the future of safe and smart operations. With our deep industry knowledge and automation expertise, we understand the needs of our customers and enable them to lead through safer, more productive, and energy efficient operations.
- This is a Sr. R&D Engineer role, reporting to the Technical Manager in business area Process Automation located in Bangalore. You will be working at Ability Innovation Center (AIC), home to the largest technology and engineering pool in ABB globally and is a part of ABB Global Industries and Services Private Limited, a subsidiary of ABB.
- It is based in Bangalore, the silicon-valley of India. Its unique infrastructure places research, development, engineering, and service teams under one roof, increasing collaboration and reducing time to market, with no compromise on quality.
- Requirements engineering, design, implementation, test including final system testing and maintenance.
- Handle software configuration management and build processes.
- Maintain existing software and test infrastructure.
- Develop software components and interfaces to embedded systems and existing IIoT components within ABB.
- Automate system and integration tests and ensure compliance with international standards.
- Oversee all stages of software development, ranging from feasibility studies and simulations to implementation and testing.
- Identify improvement potential and use creative approaches to exploit them (e.g. IoT solutions, AI/ML for data analysis and monitoring).
- Contribute to UX workshops and develop solutions to support ease of use of our products.
- Specify, design, implement and execute tests of the software functions collaborate well with R&D teams, to deliver the product releases on time, with good quality.
- B.E/B.Tech in Computer Science or Electrical or Electronics from a reputed institution.
- Required experience of 10-15 years out of which 8+ years’ experience in design of Software applications..
- Proven track record in embedded software programming in C/C++ and experience with real-time OS (RTOS).
- Should have high level proficiency in object Oriented design & programming.
- Should have experience with test automation and scripting (Python, TCL) along with UVM/OVM verification.
- Should have experience in the use of the following tools: Win driver Workbench, Jenkins, Docker, MATLAB/Simulink.
- Should have knowledge in cyber security, industrial communication networks and interfaces.
- Should have experience in working in an agile development team and with Azure DevOps environment.
- We look forward to receiving your application (documents submitted in English are appreciated). If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com. It has come to our attention that the name of ABB is being used for asking candidates to make payments for job opportunities (interviews, offers). Please be advised that ABB makes no such requests. All our open positions are made available on our career portal for all fitting the criteria to apply. ABB does not charge any fee whatsoever for recruitment process. Please do not make payments to any individuals / entities in connection to recruitment with ABB, even if it is claimed that the money is refundable. ABB is not liable for such transactions. For current open positions you can visit our career website https://global.abb/group/en/careers and apply. Please refer to detailed recruitment fraud caution notice using the link https://global.abb/group/en/careers/how-to-apply/fraud-warning