Software Development Engineer
Location : Burnaby, BC
Headquarters : Vancouver, Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- STEMCELL Technologies is looking for a full stack engineer to join our R&D Instrumentation software team. As Canada’s largest biotechnology company, STEMCELL Technologies Inc. provides leading edge robotic, software and reagent based systems that drive our customers' research at the forefront of science.
- The Software Development Engineer will be responsible for implementing software solutions that are defined by user, functional, and non-functional requirements; emerging technologies, and company goals to extend the adoption and lifespan of STEMCELL’s products. Our ideal candidate has broad knowledge of the entire spectrum of computer and software engineering and is capable of diving into a specific topic on demand.
- Successful candidates will be part of a dynamic product development team of engineers and scientists who are responsible for designing, expanding, and continuously driving innovation of our lab instrumentation products.
- This is a unique opportunity to work on a wide range of problems in a cross-disciplinary team of engineers and scientists, and also acquire new skills in emerging computer and data science domains.
- When applying to this position, please share your Github repositories in your resume to illustrate your skills and experience.
- Design, build and test new software components for STEMCELL’s laboratory automation instruments and software products following Agile practices and industry standards on Linux and mobile platforms.
- Prototype UI/UX workflows with user stakeholders, iterate designs and improve existing GUIs to conform to industry-defined best practices.
- Depending on your level of experience you may take on a leadership role to guide and support members of the development team, potentially serving as a project lead on challenging development projects.
- Bachelor's degree or higher in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent with a minimum of 5 years (2 years with a Master’s degree) of industry experience in software development.
- Competency with programming languages (C++, C#, Python, Swift, Rust, C, Elixir, R).
- Working knowledge of the Linux ecosystem and networking stack is considered an asset.
- Familiarity with the web development stack including reactive frontend and serverless backend technologies.
- Experience with modular software development and event driven software architecture.
- Experience in designing and implementing system control software.
- Experience in designing and implementation of UI interfaces is strongly desired.
- Experience with AWS and IoT.
- Exposure to ROS, FreeRTOS, RT-Thread, Yocto.
- This role requires vaccination against COVID-19 as per the current recommendations by local health authorities, including any COVID-19 boosters as recommended by local health authorities and where available.
- STEMCELL Technologies Inc. is a privately-owned biotechnology company based in Vancouver that helps power leading-edge life science research around the world. Scientists performing stem cell, immunology, cancer, regenerative medicine and cellular therapy research are among those who rely on our cell culture media, cell separation products, instruments, ancillary reagents and contract assay services. We create novel, useful, standardized products of unfailing quality and deliver them to more than 70 countries via our many regional offices plus distribution centres in Vancouver, Seattle, Grenoble and Singapore. Driven by our love of science and our passion for quality, we see ourselves simply as “Scientists Helping Scientists” – standing by our customers to provide outstanding products, technical support and training. We have over 1000 science-oriented employees globally, including 250 PhDs/MScs, with most others holding a BSc or engineering degree. STEMCELL is proud to be the largest Biotechnology employer in Canada.
- This is an opportunity to work with highly motivated colleagues in a science-oriented, creative and dynamic environment. We offer a competitive salary, excellent benefits and significant career development opportunities.
- To apply please select the apply button. You will then be directed to a login screen asking you to set up an account. You must set up an account in order to apply.
- Create an account by selecting the create account button. You will then be asked for your email and to create a password. Your Password must be eight characters long, contain at least one special character, one capital letter, and a number.Once you have created your password you will be asked to upload your resume. Uploading your resume will provide the ability to auto-populate your application with information from your resume. If you prefer to manually complete all of the fields in the application you can do this by clicking next. You can upload your cover letter as an attachment in the attachments screen. Thank you for your interest in STEMCELL!