Customer Engagement Lead
Location : Mississauga, ON
Headquarters : Paris, France
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
Reference Number : R2614822
Title : Head of Customer Engagement - Focus on Specialty Products for Diabetes
Department: General Medicines Canada
Location : Mississauga
About Sanofi - www.sanofi.ca
- Sanofi's vocation is to support those facing health problems. A global biopharmaceutical company specializing in human health, we prevent disease with our vaccines and offer innovative treatments. We support both those suffering from rare diseases and the millions of people suffering from a chronic disease. Sanofi and its more than 100,000 employees in 100 countries transform scientific innovation into healthcare solutions around the world.
- Sanofi entities in Canada include Sanofi Genzyme (specialty care), Sanofi Pasteur (vaccines), General Medicine and Consumer Health. Together we employ around 2,000 people. In 2019 we invested $ 131 million in research and development in Canada, creating jobs, economic activity and opportunities across the country.
- Lead the development and execution of integrated product marketing strategy and tactics for diabetes, with a focus on Toujeo and Soliqua and ensuring integration and alignment with RAI's brand strategies and Lantus.
- Define a diabetes specific client engagement strategy to bring together the specialist (endocrinologist) with the global ecosystem of patients and healthcare professionals in collaboration with the head of patient strategy, the head of client engagement general practitioners, as well as those responsible for omnichannel strategy and execution.
- Drive the vision of General Practice Canada, with a focus on building Sanofi's reputation and value perception among external stakeholders, leveraging in-depth customer knowledge with a focus on approach to overall patient well-being, treatment decision making and adoption of digital tools and approaches.
- Collaborate internally within functions and within the business sector, as well as with global functions to maximize the value proposition to patients, customers and Sanofi.
- Engage the outside world to facilitate informed outcome decisions and iterative product improvement by gathering insights from internal customer-facing teams, public and internal data available, and through targeted interactions with stakeholders.
- Responsible for forecasting, contribution to forecasts and financial budgets, demand and supply management and expense management specific to Toujeo and Soliqua for forecasting and budget management of brand specific expenses .
- Drive continuous improvement to maximize value by leveraging new ways of working, new digital tools and external data-driven insights.
- Lead the development and execution of integrated diabetes product marketing strategy and related short and long term customer engagement strategy and tactics through active collaboration within the sales team and Cross-functional teams including medical, policy and market access, commerce, sales, supply chain, regulatory and others as applicable.
- Develop and execute brand strategy and tactical plans for Toujeo and Soliqua, as well as customer engagement plans, particularly with regard to endocrinologists and integrating pharmacists as needed based on their role within the ecosystem of PS.
- Work in partnership with global teams to support the brand's vision for diabetes products with a focus on Toujeo and Soliqua, as well as the vision for the General Medicine and Innovation markets for growth.
- Communicate with the local head of patient strategy to ensure the integration of the patient-centered approach into all aspects of the integrated branding strategy in support of the vision of general practice.
- Integrate inclusion, diversity, equity and access (IDEA) in all strategies and tactics, taking into account above all the patient and the client, but also other external stakeholders and internal stakeholders involved.
- Achieve financial goals for Toujeo and Soliqua and manage expense budgets to maximize ROI for both brands, prioritizing the use of resources to maximize the value of the overall diabetes core portfolio (Play to Win ) (Toujeo, Soliqua, RAI) and increasing value by leveraging diabetes resources across the core portfolio (Play to Win) as well as, where possible, the Canadian GP business.
- Ensure an excellent understanding and proactive knowledge of the market and competitive dynamics that impact the Diabetes franchise and its related stakeholders and the healthcare professional ecosystem in order to anticipate, mitigate or take advantage of opportunities and risks.
- Initiate and execute precision closed-loop marketing to achieve personalized customer journeys in real time and create an incentive delivery model of relevant and trustworthy promotional and medical content, meeting the individual expectations of healthcare professionals, in multiple formats.
- Co-create and deliver personality-based messages and journeys to deliver the right content, to the right customers, at the right time, through the right channel.
- Use data-driven insights to achieve forward-looking strategy and predictive execution, drive informed decision-making and measure impact and outcomes, then define key learnings based on data and feedback, and iterate to improve results based on learning.
- Working with global functions and the local medical team, maximize the value of expanded indications, new presentations, new data and other solutions beyond drugs.
- Ensure in-depth understanding of endocrinologist and pharmacist (if applicable) using available data, taking into account overall patient well-being, social engagement and preferences, adoption approach digital, and processing decision-making.
- Use a deep understanding and global and local tools to define the client journey and roles of the endocrinologist, and define a personalized engagement approach.
- Coordinate with the Client Engagement Team to define and support the role of the Endocrinologist and Pharmacist within the extended ecosystem of healthcare professionals.
- Aligned and coordinated with the local Omnichannel Strategy and Execution team and fully coordinated with the Head of General Practitioner Client Segment as well as the Head of Patient Strategy, and based on in-depth understanding of clients, execute the omnichannel strategy for the Toujeo and Soliqua brands with a focus on endocrinologists and, where appropriate, pharmacists who make informed investment decisions to generate the best return on invested capital.
- Ensure an excellent understanding of the epidemiology of diabetes, rates of diagnosis, barriers to disease management, current disease control options, advantages and disadvantages of different treatment options.
- Working with the Trade, Public Affairs and Market Access teams, ensure favorable market access, value-based pricing and efficient distribution for Toujeo and Soliqua in Canada.
- Leverage digital tools to maximize value through personalized and targeted customer engagement approaches and tools, and efficient ways of working.
- Adopt agile ways of working with the goal of maximizing customer satisfaction, achieving greater progress in a shorter timeframe, and maximizing ROI across projects.
- Ensure understanding of financial forecast for the Diabetes franchise (including RAI and Lantus, due to their impact on Toujeo and Soliqua) and overall opportunities, including setting assumptions, reviewing data inputs and outputs, and the resulting implications for budgets and financial forecasts. Manage financial forecasts in coordination with the Operations and Operational Support team and Finance.
- Maximize the value of investments by prioritizing the use of global tools, available data and insights, and implement an agile approach to iterate and adapt locally where appropriate.
- Define and implement incentive strategies to maximize impact by creating a personalized approach with the most efficient use of resources across Canada by balancing the approach based on regional opportunities.
- Maximize specialist return on investment through personalized targeting and smart investments to maximize growth.
- Define strategy, goals and related tools for field engagement (eg, medical and scientific liaison officers, internal / external sales team) specific to endocrinologists.
- Effectively manage the sourcing of the Toujeo and Soliqua brands in coordination with the supply chain and global franchise.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent, MBA or graduate degree an asset.
- At least two years of product management experience or equivalent in a related field or at least two years of experience in a related position (e.g., sales management, professional education, business information and research, training ) on the market.
- Technical marketing skills (customer needs, segmentation, SWOT analysis, design of competitive strategies, risk assessment) and the ability to keep abreast of new marketing trends.
- Direct experience with clients and external stakeholders an asset.
- Experience with digital tools, social media, virtual customer engagement and omnichannel tools an asset.
- Working knowledge of provincial and private reimbursement.
- Results-oriented approach: proactive attitude, entrepreneurial spirit and determination to set high goals and demonstrate the commitment and perseverance necessary to achieve them.
- Solution-oriented entrepreneurial spirit; open to new approaches and tools; willing to take thoughtful risks; ability to prioritize and simplify internal and external solutions and approaches.
- Proven ability to work in a dynamic and change-oriented environment.
- Proven ability to function efficiently and easily at all levels of the organization.
- Demonstrate an outward patient-centered mindset and orientation.
- Willingness and ability to collaborate across functions, globally or locally, and within the sales team.
- Demonstrate respect for all people, regardless of race, age, ability and orientation, and ensure that diverse perspectives are equitably valued.
- Demonstrate business acumen, the ability to adapt strategic thinking and excellent execution.
- Excellent technical and marketing skills with a proven ability to innovate.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Business acumen, including the ability to assess forecasts, analyze dates and manage budgets.
- Demonstrate excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Computer literacy including word processing, spreadsheets, emails and presentation software.
- Digital savvy (eg, social media, big data, artificial intelligence, Internet of Things), omnichannel expertise and storytelling skills a definite asset (or to be developed).
Some local travel within Canada may be required.
Applications received after the official closing date will be considered on an individual basis.
- Internal candidates are required to inform their manager of their application.
- Sanofi is an employer participating in the employment equity program which is committed to promoting diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract very talented employees with diverse backgrounds, to foster their development and to retain them in order to take advantage of the diversity of experiences and points of view. We invite and encourage all qualified applicants to apply. Accommodations for people with disabilities are available upon request during the recruitment process.
- We thank you in advance for your interest.
- Follow Sanofi Canada on Twitter @SanofiCanada and on LinkedIn https://www.linkedin.com/company/sanofi
- Sanofi, giving life to its fullest
Reference No. R2614822
About Sanofi – www.sanofi.ca
- Sanofi Canada General Medicines delivers simple, meaningful and patient-first solutions beyond medicines. With, a bold ambition of reversing the course of chronic disease epidemics by 2030, we embrace technology, innovative ways of thinking and working to transform health outcomes for millions of patients. This includes helping patients in therapeutic areas including diabetes, cardiovascular, osteoarthritis, transplant, prostate cancer and thyroid cancer to improve their outcomes and well-being each and every day.
Key Responsibilities and Duties for this Job
- Lead development and execution of the Integrated Diabetes Marketing strategy and tactics
- Define a Customer Engagement strategy specific to Diabetes within the context of the HCP ecosystem.
- Drive the General Medicines Canada Vision, with a specific focus on reinforcing Sanofi’s reputation and value perception by external stakeholders.
- Collaborate internally across functions and within Commercial, as well as with global functions to maximize value proposition to patient, customer, and Sanofi.
- Bring the outside in to facilitate informed outcome decision-making and iterative product improvements.
- Drive continuous improvement to maximize value by leveraging new ways of working, new digital tools, and external data-driven insights.
- Lead the development and execution of the Integrated Diabetes Marketing strategy and related Customer Engagement Strategy via active collaboration across cross-functional teams
- Partner with Global teams to support the brand vision for Diabetes within the context of the Vision for Canada as a global ‘Innovate to Grow’ market.
- Integrate Diversity and Inclusion, Equity and Access (IDEA) into all strategies and tactics considering especially the patient and the customer, but also other external stakeholders and internal stakeholders involved.
- Achieve financial targets to maximize ROI for both brands, prioritizing resource utilization to maximize the value of the overall Diabetes Core (PTW) portfolio
- Ensure excellent understanding and proactive awareness of market and competitive dynamics that impact the Diabetes Franchise and related Stakeholders.
- Co-create and provide persona- based messaging and journeys to provide the right content, to the right customers, at the right time, through the right channel.
- Utilize data driven insights to achieve a forward-looking strategy and predictive execution, drive informed decision-making, and measure impact and outcomes.
- In collaboration with global functions and the local medical team, maximize value of expanded indications, new presentations, new data, and other solutions.
- Ensure excellent understanding of Diabetes disease epidemiology, diagnosis rates, barriers to disease management, current disease options, pros/cons of different treatment options.
- Leverage digital tools to maximize value through personalized and targeted customer engagement approaches.
- Ensure understanding of financial forecasts for the Diabetes portfolio. Manage financial forecasts in coordination with BO&S and Finance.
- Define the strategy, objectives, and related tools for field engagement (i.e. MSLs, sales force).
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent, MBA or graduate degree a plus
- Minimum 5 years product management experience or equivalent in related area and /or at least two years of experience in a related position (ex: Sales Management, Professional Education, Business Information and Research, Training) in the market.
- Technical marketing skills (needs, segmentation, SWOT analyses, creation of competitive strategies, risk assessment) and stay abreast of new marketing trends.
- Direct experience with external customers and stakeholders an asset.
- Experience with digital tools, social media, virtual customer engagement, omnichannel an asset.
- Working knowledge of reimbursement on provincial and private payer level.
- Strong results orientation i.e. has a proactive, business-oriented focus with the resolve to set challenging goals and demonstrate the commitment and persistence to achieve them.
- Solution-oriented, entrepreneurial mindset; open to new approaches and tools
- Demonstrates patient-first, external-focused mindset and focus
- Willingness and ability to collaborate across functions, global/local, levels, and within Commercial team.
- Demonstrates respect for all individuals independent of race, age, ability, orientation and ensures diverse perspectives are valued in an equitable manner.
- Demonstrates business acumen, ability to flex between strategic thinking and excellent execution.
- Possess excellent technical aptitude and marketing ability skills with a proven ability to innovate
- Financial acumen, including ability to assess forecast, analyze date, manage budgets.
- Demonstrate superb written, verbal and presentation skills
- Computer literacy including word processing, spreadsheets, email and presentation software
- Digital acumen (e.g. social media, big data, AI, IOT), omnichannel expertise, and storytelling skills are strong assets or to be developed.
For positions located in Quebec:
- French: Excellent knowledge required
- English: Professional level required
- Some local travel within Canada may be required
- Sanofi is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion. Our goal is to attract, develop and retain highly talented employees from diverse backgrounds, allowing us to benefit from a wide variety of experiences and perspectives. We welcome and encourage applications from all qualified applicants. Accommodations for persons with disabilities required during the recruitment process are available upon request.
- Thank you in advance for your interest.
- Only those candidates selected for interviews will be contacted.
- Follow Sanofi on Twitter: @SanofiCanada and on LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/sanofi.
- Sanofi, Empowering Life
- At Sanofi diversity and inclusion is foundational to how we operate and embedded in our Core Values. We recognize to truly tap into the richness diversity brings we must lead with inclusion and have a workplace where those differences can thrive and be leveraged to empower the lives of our colleagues, patients and customers. We respect and celebrate the diversity of our people, their backgrounds and experiences and provide equal opportunity for all.