Principal Software Engineer
Location : Marlboro, MA 01752
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Relational databases
- Software development
- Health insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Parental leave
- Opportunities for advancement
- Flexible schedule
- Are you looking for a company that cares about people’s lives and health, including yours? At Olympus, we help make people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling, every day.
- Let’s inspire healthier lives, together.
- The Principal Software Engineer is a necessary role within larger development efforts. First and foremost, the Principal Software Engineer is an individual contributor on the software development efforts. However, a secondary role is to provide technical leadership. Many of the software development efforts within the R&D group rely on the addition of highly specialized consultants to solve specific technical problems. These consultants do not understand the Olympus ecosphere, including the long term product goals, legacy constraints, and technical culture. The Principal Software Engineer is necessary on projects like this to ensure that the technical direction within the project is consistent, as necessary, with historical constraints and future goals. The Principal Software Engineer also is capable of finding solutions to difficult questions that arise during the development effort.
- Technical lead software engineer.
- Individual contributor to software development efforts.
- Helps to provide and enforce guardrails for technical direction within projects.
- Mentors junior engineers.
- Creation and management of requirements and specifications.
- Provide support to address problems during development and after product release.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelors degree in a technical discipline.
- Minimum of 10 years Software Engineering.
- Object oriented programming skills.
- demonstrated proficiency in development of Dotnet Core, DotNet standard, and DotNet Full.
- Experience using Visual Studio 2019 (or 2017) as a development environment.
- Experience developing device communication and control software over RS232 IP and other control interfaces.
- Enterprise communications experience with WCF, GRPC, REST API.
- Ability to Design, Develop, and debug Rest API.
- Ability to create and manage requirements and design specs.
- Experience with component dependency management using Nuget.
- Experience with Dependency Injection design patterns.
- Experience interfacing with relational database and with simple relational database design and deployment.
- Experience with Angular software development.
- Experience interfacing IoT devices to the Azure Cloud.
- Experience with ADO/GIT.
- Serverless cloud application programming.
- Experience with development of containerized applications using Docker on Windows.
- Experience with development of Angular applications hosted via Kestral.
- Potential for limited travel.
- We realize work isn’t just a job to you.
- It’s a big part of your life, but not the only part. That’s why we offer competitive salaries, a robust 401(k) program, annual bonus program and comprehensive medical benefits, as well as tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules, parental and adoption leave, on-site services and Colleague Affinity Networks — so you can be ready for where life can take you.
- Olympus is passionate about the solutions it creates for the medical, life sciences, and industrial equipment industries, as well as cameras and audio products. For more than 100 years, Olympus has focused on making people’s lives healthier, safer and more fulfilling by helping detect, prevent, and treat disease, furthering scientific research, ensuring public safety, and capturing images of the world.
- Olympus’ Medical business uses innovative capabilities in medical technology, therapeutic intervention, and precision manufacturing to help healthcare professionals deliver diagnostic, therapeutic, and minimally invasive procedures to improve clinical outcomes, reduce overall costs, and enhance the quality of life for patients. Olympus’ Medical portfolio includes endoscopes, laparoscopes, and video imaging systems, as well as surgical energy devices, system integration solutions, medical services, and a wide range of endotherapy instruments for endoscopic and therapeutic applications. For more information, visit www.olympus-global.com.
- Olympus…True To You. True To Society. True To LIFE.
- It is the policy of Olympus to extend equal employment and advancement opportunity to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, national origin (including language use restrictions), citizenship status, religious creed (including dress and grooming practices), age, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, medical conditions related to pregnancy, childbirth and/or breastfeeding), gender, gender identity and expression, sexual orientation, marital status, disability (physical or mental) and/or a medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, veteran status or service in the uniformed services, and any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.