Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- The opening is a test development position for Oracle Golden Gate Stream analytics area in Database Test and Tools development team.
- Streaming Analytics is an emerging market and with the latest Forrester Wave Streaming Analytics report , Oracle is named one of the leaders along with SAS, TIBCO, Microsoft & Google. Oracle GoldenGate Stream Analytics is a complete solution platform for building applications to filter, correlate, and process events in real-time. With flexible deployment options of stand-alone Spark or Hadoop-YARN, it proves to be a versatile, high-performance event processing engine. GGSA enables Fast Data and Internet of Things (IOT) â€“ delivering actionable insight and maximizing value on large volumes of high velocity data from varied data sources in real-time. It enables distributed intelligence and low latency responsiveness by pushing business logic to the network edge. .
- The opening is for a test developer to test both design-time (UI) and runtime components of GGSA. Our primary development platform is Linux, and depending on the area you work on the coding would involve Selenium, Cucumber, Java, Scala to start with. As we move on to integration tests, you will also work with Kafka, Apache Ignite, Apache Spark, Hadoop, Hive, MongoDB, Oracle NoSQL, Oracle Cloud Infrastructure, Oracle Machine Learning services, Amazon S3 and many more. The challenge and the advantage is in understanding the technology and apply it in a practical setup.
- We need to develop tools/ framework and test applications/scripts and automate the test setup needed for the features of Oracle code we are testing and often would need to simulate functionality in a regular Linux machine to run functional tests.
- This is a programming position as all the tests/frameworks are applications which should exercise a feature in the yet to be released version of Oracle product and need to be designed and implemented.
- hese test programs runs fully automated on a server farm - so our test framework need to configure, run test applications/inject failures, and verify results by itself. Most of the features would need very specific test programs/frameworks.
- The opening is for an individual contributor position in Database test and tools development team.
- In this position, you will be working very closely with the feature development team to create a test plan/tools/infrastructure needed for the feature.
- Â· Exposure to cutting edge technologies/products is database/cloud space
- Â· Work with core team of people from top colleges to build best in class Database products
- Â· Deep dive into Database/Cluster/Cloud services domains
- Â· Exposure to Open source technologies
- Selenium, Java/Scala â€“ Experience in developing automated UI tests
- Exposure to Apache Spark
- Database test & tools development group (part of the database server group of Server Technologies Division) works on the upcoming releases of Oracle database server, Database cloud services & Engineered systems enveloping a wide range of technologies.
- The group with its state of the art development infrastructure and practices, helps shape technology that has been important for a large number of Fortune 2000 and other companies. The group foresees product usage scenarios, simulates real life problems, tests the forthcoming releases of Oracle products and services to ensure that customers receive them with the highest quality.
- Design, develop, troubleshoot and debug software programs for databases, applications, tools, networks etc.
- As a member of the software engineering division, you will assist in defining and developing software for tasks associated with the developing, debugging or designing of software applications or operating systems. Provide technical leadership to other software developers. Specify, design and implement modest changes to existing software architecture to meet changing needs.
- Duties and tasks are varied and complex needing independent judgment. Fully competent in own area of expertise. May have project lead role and or supervise lower level personnel. BS or MS degree or equivalent experience relevant to functional area. 4 years of software engineering or related experience.
- Innovation starts with inclusion at Oracle. We are committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. Itâ€™s when everyoneâ€™s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond whatâ€™s been done before. Thatâ€™s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
- Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law. Oracle will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records pursuant to applicable law.