Senior 5G Systems Engineer
Location : Brampton, ON
Headquarters : Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Systems Engineer
Experience : Senior Level
- At Rogers, we connect Canadians to a world of possibilities and the memorable moments that matter most in their lives. Every day we wake up with one purpose in mind. To bring loved ones together from across the globe. To connect people to each other and the world around them. To help an entrepreneur realize their dream. A sports fan celebrate a special moment.
- Because we believe connections unite us, possibilities fuel us, and moments define us.
- Come be part of the team that launched the 1st 5G network in Canada!
- We are looking for talented individuals to join our RAN Technology Development team. Our team is responsible for building the next generation of network infrastructure that will power the wireless technologies of tomorrow.
- The ideal candidate is motivated by impactful work and the opportunity to collaborate with teammates, stakeholders, and vendors on a variety of projects such as 5G NSA/SA, LTE/LTE-A, Small Cells, IoT and Automation Development. The individual is a problem solver with a passion for technology who strives to continuously improve network capabilities and customer experience.
- New Technology Trials and First Deployment Introductions into the Rogers Wireless Network
- Lab and Field validation of the next generation Wireless Technologies (ie. 5G, Small Cells and IoT)
- Conduct network trials and technology evaluation programs with engineering teams across Canada
- Work with industry leading network and handset OEM Vendors
- Present trial learnings and knowledge across the various national engineering teams
- Manage projects from initial planning stages, design, integration to final deployment
- Knowledge of 5G NR & LTE networks and the associated 3GPP specifications, specifically on RAN features, optimization, air interface parameters, radio resource management, signaling
- Strong background in communications theory and RF basics, broad knowledge of other wireless technology such as CatM/NB-IoT, WCDMA and GSM
- Deep knowledge of RAN KPIs, counters, definitions of optimization parameters and their impacts on network performance and capacity
- Experienced with RAN hardware configurations/capacities (eNB/gNB, Radios) as well as parameter changes and radio feature testing (knowledge on Ericsson platforms preferred)
- Hands-on experience with performance management, RF optimization, and capacity planning of LTE & 5G networks
- Experience with one or more from the following: scripting languages (Python, Pearl, shell)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with a creative and innovative approach
- Detail-oriented, with a strong desire to excel in network design and performance improvement
- Self-motivated, able to individually learn/research new network concepts and develop simulation/test criteria to observe performance and evaluate impact
- Able to participate and lead project teams
- Maintain a broad knowledge of current and emerging state-of-the-art network systems technologies, architectures, and products.
- Good planning, organization, communication, and inter-personal skills
- BE/BSc degree in Computer/Electrical Engineering (Masters degree preferred)
- 5-10 years of experience with new technology development
- Strong leadership skills to lead technical projects as a RAN expert
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- As a condition of hire, all new employees will be required to provide proof of vaccinations against COVID 19. Any request for an exception under Human Rights legislation must be supported by evidence to be considered by Rogers on a case by case basis.
- Please click here to review conditions that may qualify for medical exemption to the COVID-19 vaccine.
- Together, we'll make more possible, and these six shared values guide and define our work:
- Our people are at the heart of our success
- Our customers come first. They inspire everything we do
- We do what’s right, each and every day
- We believe in the power of new ideas
- We work as one team, with one vision
- We give back to our communities and protect our environment
- What makes us different makes us stronger. Rogers has a strong commitment to diversity and inclusion. Everyone who applies for a job will be considered. We recognize the business value in creating a workplace where each team member has the tools to reach their full potential. At Rogers, we value the insights and innovation that diverse teams bring to work. We work with our candidates with disabilities throughout the recruitment process to ensure that they have what they need to be at their best. Please reach out to our recruiters and hiring managers to begin a conversation about how we can ensure that you deliver your best work. You matter to us! For any questions, please visit the Rogers FAQ.