Mechanical Service Engineer
Location : Mackay QLD 4740
Headquarters : Tokyo, Japan
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Komatsu is an indispensable partner to the construction, mining, forestry, forklift, and industrial machinery markets, maximizing value for customers through innovative solutions. With a diverse line of products supported by our advanced IoT technologies, regional distribution channels, and a global service network, we tap into the power of data and technology to enhance safety and productivity while optimizing performance. Komatsu supports a myriad of markets, including housing, infrastructure, water, pipeline, minerals, automobile, aerospace, electronics and medical, through its many brands and subsidiaries, including Joy, P&H, Montabert, Modular Mining Systems, Hensley Industries, NTC, and Gigaphoton.
- We are seeking an individual to join our Underground Service Department, to ensure service delivery in the Qld region of our operations. Your main responsibilities will be to ensure optimum performance of Komatsu underground mining equipment in terms of safety, productivity and reliability.
- Providing technical support to customers in the event of breakdown situations and carry out fault diagnosis to ensure the machinery is returned to operation as soon as possible.
- Installation and commissioning of new machinery, overhauled and repaired equipment or replacement parts, ensuring any issues are captured and communicated in a timely manner for rectification.
- Ensure compliance with contractual obligations with regards to the supply of new or overhauled equipment.
- Assist in the development of “Scopes of work” for the overhaul of Joy equipment.
- Training and assessment of mine personnel in the operation and maintenance methods consistent with both Joy and customer expectations.
- Coordinate and provide accurate reports on daily service activities, and where required, include customer reference or order numbers to enable invoicing to be carried out in an acceptable timeframe.
- Actively seek to further business development and sales opportunities for spares / repairs, upgrades to existing equipment, new equipment and supply of Joy professional Services.
- Gather intelligence and provide accurate reporting through Salesforce data base on Joy and competitor equipment and business activities to assist the account management process, including information on equipment availability, tonnes across machine etc.
- Mechanical Engineering/Fitting trade certificate
- Upwards of five years of practical mining experience is preferred
- A strong mechanical aptitude with maintenance and troubleshooting experience on longwall systems is required with experience in continuous miners, shuttle cars, bolting rigs and feeder breakers considered highly desirable.
- Experience and competent knowledge of a range of Joy Global products and exposure to an underground environment is essential
- Strong interpersonal skills are essential with an ability to communicate and negotiate with customers
- Experience in a heavy engineering workshop and knowledge of assembly and manufacturing techniques would be beneficial
- An understanding of engineering design principles would be advantageous
- Certificate IV Training and Assessing qualifications are advantageous
- Komatsu is an Equal Opportunity Workplace and an Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.