Senior Cloud Data Engineer
Location : Lutterworth LE17
Headquarters : Leeds
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Cloud Engineer
Experience : Senior Level
- We are looking for an Azure Data Engineer to join our Future Data Program. The role will be responsible for building new data pipelines and optimizing data flows using the Azure cloud stack.
- The ideal candidate will be an experienced data pipeline builder and data wrangler who enjoys building data products from scratch. The data engineer will need to support Business Analysts and Data Architects with discovery and best practices. He/She must be self-directed and comfortable supporting the data needs of multiple teams, systems and products.
- Advance Azure knowledge and experience working and migrating data products from on-prem to Azure.
- Experience building and optimizing ‘big data' data pipelines, architectures and data sets using Py-spark.
- Experience building real-time data pipelines using Event-hub, storage queues and Azure stream analysis.
- Strong analytic skills related to working with unstructured datasets.
- Build processes supporting data transformation, data structures, metadata, dependency and workload management.
- Cloud Big Data Analytics in Azure Synapse Analytics, Azure Analysis Services
- Data Ingestion and Storage including Azure Data Factory, Azure Databricks, Azure Data Lake, Kafka and Spark Streaming, Azure EventHub/IoT Hub, and Azure Stream Analytics
- Experience with Bigdata Tools: Hadoop Spark, Kafka
- Experience with Stream processing systems: Spark-streaming, Kafka
- Experience with Object-oriented/ object function scripting languages: Python preferred.
- If flexible working is important to you, then look no further! At Asda, we are proud of our culture and our commitment to flexible working. This role is based at Asda George House, Lutterworth with the flexibility to work from home 2-3 days per week
- Company car or £5,700 car allowance, plus discretionary company bonus
- Company pension up to 7% matched
- 10% colleague discount, free parking and many additional rewards.
- We want all colleagues to be able to bring their best and true selves to work, every day. Simply put, we want our colleagues to be Proud to be Asda and proud to be themselves.
- If you have any questions, then please email Alexander.Thompson@asda.co.uk