Security Architect, Connected Vehicles
Location : Gaydon
Headquarters : ABBEY ROAD, WHITLEY, COVENTRY, CV3 4LF
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Architect
Experience : Mid Level
- We are looking for a number of Security Architects with broad technical Information Security skillsets to work within the Information and Cyber Security (ICS) function. The individual will be responsible for business adoption of good security practices and our central security toolsets. The role involves working with the Product Engineering business to assess threat landscapes, apply security tools and controls, and manage any residual risk, both at a programme and individual project level. The individual will be expected to work well within a matrix management environment, with separate reporting lines for line management and technical direction, whilst also supporting agile delivery methodologies. Candidates could be based in Gaydon UK, Manchester UK or Shannon Ireland, with opportunities for flexible working. The focus of the role will be related to Connected Car programmes with elements of both on and off-board technology.
- This role will see you have overall responsibility representing the views of the ICS team within Engineering. You will Identify information security risks and proactively work to ensure that Information risk are identified, assessed and mitigated across the business, whilst working within the established governance processes (waterfall and agile) to ensure that new IT solutions are delivered to a high standard of security.
- The successful candidate will need to be able to collaborate with the wider Information Technology management community to provide information security advice ensure that the appropriate technologies in place to protect the information of the business, and work with the business to identify and understand future Information security risks and provide appropriate input to ensure that such risks are minimised ahead of time.
- You’ll need to identify information security threats and vulnerabilities within projects and programmes, assess information security risks and advise the relevant team on appropriate methods and security configurations to protect and prevent impact to business systems.
- Monitoring trends in information security and incorporating these into departmental strategy will also be essential whilst undertaking any other work as directed by their line manager in connection with their job as may be requested.
- Previous experience and background in Information Security at a management level.
- Experience of security architecture within agile delivery frameworks e.g. scaled agile or scrum.
- Experience implementing SDLC process, technology, and automation in a DevOps environment; ideally making use of OWASP best practice.
- Background and previous experience of IT security controls, including cloud agnostic IoT Platform and/or connected car (desirable)
- Bring all this to the home of premium innovation, and you’ll find the opportunities to further your career with a world-class team, a discounted car purchase and lease scheme for you and your family, membership of a competitive pension plan, private medical cover and performance related bonus scheme. As a manager, you’ll also be able to select one of our luxury premium vehicles to lease at a fraction of the cost. All this and more makes Jaguar Land Rover the perfect place to continue your journey.
- Please be aware that we may close this vacancy for applications before the stated deadline if we receive a high volume of interest. We strongly advise you to submit your application as early as possible.
- Jaguar Land Rover is committed to equal opportunity for all.