Principal Systems Application Engineer
Location : San Jose, CA 95134
Headquarters : Netherlands
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- NXP Semiconductors N.V. (NASDAQ: NXPI) enables secure connections for a smarter world, advancing solutions that make lives easier, better, and safer. As the world leader in secure connectivity solutions for embedded applications, NXP is driving innovation in the automotive, industrial & IoT, mobile, and communication infrastructure markets. Built on more than 60 years of combined experience and expertise, the company has approximately 29,000 employees in more than 30 countries and posted revenue of $8.61 billion in 2020.
- Sr Principal System Application Engineer (SAE), with the role of Customer Projects engineering support, and Pro Support Services (Contractor) Management.
- As part of this role, the candidate will be part of the System Application team, under Wireless Connectivity Solution engineering, contributing to the area of: Presales Support, Post-sales Support & Product Influence. Specifically, this candidate will front customers that need specialized services, and he/she will assess the scope of work, after deep-dive technical discussion with NXP Customers engineering
- team, NXP Product Marketing/Sales, NXP Contractors, and/or NXP R&D teams. During project execution, the candidate will need to oversee the customer project execution, and supervise the contractors or internal resources who are assigned to deliver the project till completion.
- Interested candidate should have in-depth wireless domain knowledge and industry experience of managing outsourcing contractors. Ideal candidate should also have hands-on technical experience to resolve issues where applicable. Among others, communication skill, being organized and dependability are key to success
- Generic Job Description (not Job Level specific): The Application and SDK Engineer / Architect analyzes, designs, programs, debugs, and modifies software enhancements and/or new products used in local, networked, cloud-based or Internet-related computer programs. Code may be used in commercial or end-user applications, such as, IoT, mobile apps or desktop applications products. Using current programming language and technologies, writes code, completes programming, and performs testing and debugging of applications. Completes documentation and procedures for installation and maintenance. May interact with users to define system requirements and/or necessary modifications. This job should be matched by companies that develop applications software.
- NXP is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer regardless of age, color, national origin, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital status, status as a disabled veteran and/or veteran of the Vietnam Era or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, NXP will provide reasonable accommodations for otherwise qualified disabled individuals.