Senior Turbine Technology Engineer (d/f/m) UK
Location : Swindon
Headquarters : RWE Platz 4 45141 Essen Germany
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Senior Level
- Our Turbine Technology Development Team within RWE Renewables located in Essen, Hamburg, Swindon, Madrid, Paris and Austin is the key technical interface to the OEM landscape and their new wind turbine developments. The team provides holistic technical assessment to enable the business to select the most competitive turbine technologies for our development projects. To strengthen the team we are looking for a Senior Turbine Technology Engineer to support primarily our onshore but also our offshore wind projects.
- Assessment of on- and offshore wind turbine design concepts, complex technical solutions and associated risks
- Leading technical due diligences with turbine suppliers on their new products
- Wind turbine pre-selection for our on- and offshore development projects
- Support the consenting process and conceptual wind farm design by provision of wind turbine engineering expertise
- Support the development of technical tender specifications, assessment of tender return documentation and contract negotiations with wind turbines suppliers
- Coordination of the work package specific tasks with the relevant internal stakeholders (quality, operation & maintenance etc.) and external stakeholders (regulatory authorities, third party advisors etc.) incl. close collaboration
- Development of in-house standards, techniques and new processes within the area of responsibility
- Peer review of complex tasks, mentoring of more junior colleagues and students
- Degree in mechanical or electrical engineering (or comparable)
- Comprehensive specialist knowledge and several years of relevant professional experiences in wind turbine engineering preferably from working for a turbine OEM
- Experiences in working within international project organizations
- Knowledge of international rules and regulations applicable to wind turbines, such as the IEC61400 series, DNV GL standards etc.
- Fluent oral and written communication skills in English
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to maintain confidentiality
- Willingness to travel based on tasks, both nationally and internationally
- Apply now with just a few clicks: ad code 48800
We look forward to meeting you!
- Of course, you can find us on LinkedIn, Twitter and Xing, too.
- RWE represents change, innovation and sustainability. As one of the world’s leading generators of electricity from renewable energy sources, we aim to be carbon-neutral by 2040 and to enable a sustainable life for people around the world. To achieve this, we are looking for dynamic and motivated people to join us in creating a sustainable and secure energy future.
- RWE Renewables GmbH, based in Essen, Germany, is RWE’s youngest subsidiary and one of the world’s leading companies in the field of renewable energies. With an international team of around 3,500 employees, we are drivers of the energy transition – and provide electricity for a sustainable life. Our total capacity of more than 9 gigawatts results from onshore and offshore wind parks, photovoltaic plants and battery storage. We focus on growth: on the American continent, on the European core markets and on new markets in the Asia-Pacific region.