IoT Software Engineer
Location : Dearborn, MI
Headquarters : Dearborn, Michigan, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Ford Motor Company
- Ford Land
- At Ford Motor Company, we believe freedom of movement drives human progress. We also believe in providing you with the freedom to define and realize your dreams. With our incredible plans for the future of mobility, we have a wide variety of opportunities for you to accelerate your career potential as you help us define tomorrow’s transportation.
- As a key member of our Information Technology group, you’ll play a critical part in shaping the future of mobility. If you’re looking for the chance to leverage advanced technology to redefine the transportation landscape, enhance the customer experience and improve people’s lives, this is the opportunity for you. Join us and challenge your IT expertise and analytical skills to help create vehicles that are as smart as you are.
- Ford Land owns and operates several million square feet of corporate and commercial office space globally. The applications in this department leverage Smart Building technology and the internet of things to provide solutions that optimize building operations and improve the workplace experience for employee and visitors. The IoT Software engineer will be responsible for:
- Supporting the integration of new Smart Building technology into Ford Land facilities
- Develop smart building applications using machine learning and artificial intelligence
- Use tensorflow and python to train and develop machine learning models
- Providing development, integration, and operational support (DevOps) for existing Smart Building applications
- Providing second and third level support to diagnose issues, identify root cause, and resolve product issues that may arise
- Developing reporting and analytics solutions to provide insights into building operations
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or a closely related field of study
- 5+ years of experience with SQL
- 3+ years of experience with Internet of Things
- 3+ years of experience with Machine Learning
- Knowledge of Internet of Things Landscape (from a connectivity, data, and analytics perspective)
- Knowledge of IoT Application enable platforms
- Knowledge of Machine Learning and Artificial Intelligence models
- Knowledge of neural networks and training models using tensorflow
- Experience with Business analytics including ETL & Reporting
- Strong knowledge of Agile concepts and experience working in teams
- Good written and oral communication skills
- As part of the Ford family, you’ll enjoy excellent compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes generous PTO, retirement, savings and stock investment plans, incentive compensation and much more. You’ll also experience exciting opportunities for professional and personal growth and recognition.
- If you have what it takes to help us redefine the future of mobility, we’d love to have you join us.
- Candidates for positions with Ford Motor Company must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.
- Visa sponsorship may be available for this position.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a culturally diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, age, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status or protected veteran status.
- Information Technology (IT)
- FoE, MEA & Staffs IT