Sr. Embedded Software Engineer
Location : Urbandale, IA 50322
Headquarters : Moline, Illinois, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Embedded Software Engineer
Experience : Senior Level
- Continuous integration
- Software development
- At John Deere, we run so life can leap forward. This powerful purpose is our promise to humankind that we will dream, design and deliver breakthrough products that sustain our world for generations to come. The world is counting on us to feed billions of people and build vital infrastructures in villages, towns, and megacities. We live up to the legacy our founder forged in a one-room blacksmith's shop nearly two centuries ago by creating a culture that brings out the best in all of us. A culture where great ideas thrive because every voice is heard.
- As a Sr. Embedded Software Engineer, for John Deere Intelligent Solutions Group (ISG-Urbandale), you will participate on a team designing, developing, and delivering high quality, secure, and innovative solutions that enable global telematics. In addition, you will:
- Perform product design, development, testing and/or analysis work for features or portions of a project.
- Be proactive with and collaborate on analyzing and identifying potential impact to performance and/or quality.
- Operate in an Agile software development team participating in design reviews and providing design solutions focused on efficiency, reusability, and backwards compatibility.
- Mentor and train junior members of the team.
- Demonstrated expertise with embedded software product development through practical work experiences
- Demonstrated expertise with C++ or a similar embedded development language
- Demonstrated ability to analyze issues in a complex system, actively search and identify potential issues, and drive for sustainable solutions
- Demonstrated ability to solve issues quickly through research, learning, and identifying new and innovative solutions to prevent similar issues from happening again
- Experience with application or testing framework development in Python, acceptance testing, and continuous integration principles
- Demonstrated experience in roles that required excellent communication and collaboration skills
- A passion for learning and developing skills, trying new technologies, and solution-oriented thinking
- Ability to work and lead in a diverse distributed team environment
- Expertise with modern C++ (C++11 and beyond) coding and design patterns
- Expertise in scripting languages (e.g. Python, Bash, CMake, etc.)
- Expertise in developing Linux software applications and APIs
- Experience with real time, embedded, multi-threaded systems
- Experience with Wireless Communications (Cellular, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth).
- Experience or understanding of best practices for source control (e.g. GitHub, etc.)
- Experience with Agile software development processes
- Experience with Test Driven Development (TDD) and software test automation
- Experience with UDP, TCP/IP, CAN networking communication protocols
- Experience with Internet of Things (IoT) and telematics technology
- Ideally you will have a degree or equivalent related work experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
- The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
- An Equal Opportunity Employer, John Deere requires a diversity of people, perspectives and ideas to address the complex challenges of its global business. John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.