Senior Software Integration Project Engineer
Location : Neenah, WI
Headquarters : Appleton, Wisconsin, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Senior Level
- Software development
- Software testing
- At Pierce Manufacturing, we build trucks that protect people and communities around the world. To our team, there is no room for anything less than providing the absolute best. Since 1913, building truck bodies on Model T Ford chassis in an old converted church has evolved to creating highly customized, carefully designed and engineering pumpers, aerials, tankers and rescue units that have no equal.
- Today, you'll find more than 30,000 Pierce apparatuses on the road that are making a difference in people's lives, every day. To us, every step in the process of building our trucks is personal. From innovation and expertise, to the customization and service. Our trucks are designed to perform under the toughest conditions.
- The Senior Software Integration Project Engineer will be responsible for helping manage the software architectures and development process for fire apparatus with strong focus on maintainability and reliability. This role will be responsible for developing software architecture standards, applying strategies to enable systematic testing and validation processes, including automated unit testing, as well as defining internal and external (customer-facing) software update policies and procedures.
- This role requires hands on coding experience and deep understanding of the software development process, associated technologies and platforms and the software development lifecycle (SDLC).
- Assist in overseeing the software development process from conceptualization and architecture planning, creating goals and guidelines, to quality control, testing/validation, and post-release troubleshooting, maintenance and updating.
- Manage the entire software development process, including requirements management, software architecture evolution, developing coding standards -including use of object-oriented coding techniques-, design modeling using UML, source code control and configuration, and the integrated development environment (IDE)
- Implement software testing and validation processes including systems for managing bug/feature/defect identification, tracking, and closure and creating proper documentation.
- Collaborate and communicate with all stakeholders, including customers, sales and service teams and business managers to identify their vision, gather requirements and define policies for development, introduction, and maintenance of software-based solutions.
- Collaborate with team members supporting new product development and sustaining current products in the field and in the manufacturing process.
- Maintain effective communication with suppliers, internal and external customers, and outside resources concerning technical issues
- Evaluate designs for performance, safety, and reliability
- Analyze and resolve issues reported to Engineering via verbal or written communication
- Prepare technical proposals, quotations, reports, and presentations
- Bachelor’s of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering or related field
- 8-plus years related experience
- Experience with vehicle bus protocols including SAE J1939 or other CAN bus protocols
- Strong experience with designing and programming with C, C++, C# with very strong understanding of object-oriented design/programming, design patterns, algorithms, data structures, and communication protocols
- Familiarity with network communication stacks (e.g. TCP/IP, UDP, MQTT, Bluetooth, WiFi, etc…) and industry security standards and best practices
- Experience with IoT, web/cloud based technologies, and data management, analytics, and visualization techniques
- Familiarity with Agile or Scrum software development process in a team environment
- Knowledge of linux, including but not limited to embedded and real-time linux operation
- Knowledge of ISO 26262 and its applicability to software
- Oshkosh is committed to working with and offering reasonable accommodation to job applicants with disabilities. If you need assistance or an accommodation due to disability for any part of the employment process, please contact us at: 920-502-3009 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Oshkosh Corporation is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. This company will provide equal opportunity to all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status. Information collected regarding categories as provided by law will in no way affect the decision regarding an employment application.
- Oshkosh Corporation will not discharge or in any manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with Oshkosh Corporation's legal duty to furnish information.
- Certain positions with Oshkosh Corporation require access to controlled goods and technologies subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations or the Export Administration Regulations. Applicants for these positions may need to be "U.S. Persons," as defined in these
- regulations. Generally, a "U.S. Person" is a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident, or an individual who has been admitted as a refugee or granted asylum.