Lead Software Development Engineer – Philips Hue Entertainment
Location : Quebec City, QC (or) REMOTE
Headquarters : Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- We’re looking for a Lead Software Engineer to join our Philips Hue Entertainment Engineering Team. We are based in Palo Alto, California but this is a home-based position within the North America time zone.
- Working for Signify means being creative and adaptive. As the world leader in lighting, we’re constantly ahead of the curve. Through our leadership in connected lighting and the Internet of Things, we’re breaking new grounds in data analytics, AI, and smart homes, offices, cities and more. Our culture of continuous learning and commitment to diversity and inclusion creates an environment that allows you to build your skills and career. Together, we’re transforming our industry.
- By joining the global Philips Hue business, you‘ll be working on the world’s leading internet connected home lighting system, which is changing the way people interact and experience lighting. The Hue ecosystem is expanding rapidly through new lights, accessories, and exciting new use-cases such as using lighting to make your home more secure or create an immersive home theater experience.
- You’ll be part of our fast-growing multi-disciplinary Philips Hue Entertainment engineering team. We develop first-of-a-kind products that synchronize lighting with games, movies, and music. The main development platforms for this position are PC (Windows/Mac), TV, and Embedded.
- We’re on the lookout for forward-thinking innovators with a passion for IoT, Smart Home and Entertainment, who are excited to help us build the next level home lighting experience. If you match this description, get in touch!
- Prototype, build, test, and ship embedded software to enable new use-cases, performance improvements and next-gen versions of flagship Philips Hue Entertainment products to integrate smart lighting with home cinema, music, and gaming.
- Work out the system design choices and specifications for new features connecting app, cloud, and embedded components.
- Collaborate with other functions, like QA, product manager, and external partners, to jointly optimize our product experience
- Perform data analysis, identify improvement opportunities and provide input to steer the product roadmap
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related discipline.
- At least 10 years of experience in software development, with proven projects shipping high quality applications written in C, C++, or C#.
- Expert knowledge on graphics processing in constraint environments, networking protocols, and web technologies. Experience in video game or video streaming industry is preferred.
- Soft skills: can-do mentality, team player, agile advocate, passion for software development and IoT / Smart Home products, end-to-end focus, natural curiosity to explore new technologies and platforms
- We are an equal opportunity employer and is committed to treating all people in a way that allows them to maintain their dignity and independence. We welcome and encourage applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
- To be eligible for this position, you must legally be permitted to work in Canada and travel within North America, without any additional sponsorship support from Signify.
- We’re offering multiple opportunities for career development, like mentoring, coaching and stretch assignments, with strong international exposure for dynamic profiles. Learning is fundamental to our culture. Through continuous learning, we are transforming the industry. You have the chance to learn every day, acquire new skills and perspectives through customized online programs, and on-the-job experiences.
- See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!
- Signify is the world leader in lighting. We provide professional customers and consumers with quality, energy-efficient LED lighting. And our lights, when connected, bring data to devices, apps and people – redefining what light can do and how you use it. Today, our innovations, such as Philips Hue, LiFi – internet connectivity through light – and UV-C, solar and horticultural lighting, contribute to a safer, smarter, more sustainable world. Signify is one of the few companies in the world to achieve carbon neutrality and our next sustainability goals are even bolder: doubling our positive impact on the environment and society by 2025. We’re operating in 74 countries with 32,000 people worldwide.