Front End Developer - Co-Op
Location : Quebec City, QC (or) REMOTE
Headquarters : Hanover, Maryland, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Since 1992, Ciena has been driven by a relentless pursuit of network innovation. We believe in a network that grows smarter, more agile, and more responsive every day. This means that when you digitally interact in your world - picking up the phone, streaming video, texting a friend or loved one – your interactions are being enabled by Ciena technologies. Ciena makes your social / entertainment / business existence REAL.
- Ciena may well be the most important technology company you’ve never heard of. The innovations that wow us (driverless cars), and those we now take for granted (the ability to mobile-stream your favorite show) are the products of resourcefulness from some brilliant and forward-thinking companies. But those companies rely on Ciena, another vanguard of innovation, to build and advance the underlying networks that bring their breakthroughs to our doorsteps. VR, AI, IOT, 5G … literally none of it would be possible without the mind-boggling technology that makes the internet itself work. For more than 25 years, Ciena has been the global leader in networking strategy, and our technology has been part of the critical infrastructure running within the most sophisticated companies in the world.
- The coop front-end developer will join the Test & Validation team where he will play a meaningful role into the development of a web portal to present test and validation results.
- Re-use, modify and create components for data visualization;
- Develop, test and deploy software on state-of-the-art cloud platform;
- Optimize code runtime to offer a good user-experience;
- Work in close collaboration with test engineers to understand needs and define optimum solutions;
- Participate to define and implement best practices in software development: code review, documentation, reuse, tests.
- Availability of test result in an intuitive web portal is key to many projects. You will have a big impact on the R&D velocity.
- Going quickly from test data to insightful information is an important asset design teams are looking for.
- We constantly upgrade our test environment to be at the edge of new technology. The software needs to evolve at the same pace.
- What type of work environment will you be working in? Who are the key teams with whom you will interact?
- At Ciena you will work on sophisticated technology.
- You will interact with multiple teams involved in product design and test engineers.
- Team spirit is important to us. You won’t work alone on your project!
- Student in engineering (software, computer or electrical) or computer science;
- Respect coding standard already defined;
- Experience with data analysis is an asset;
- Ensure visibility of the accomplished work with the student supervisor;
- Ability to work and communicate in French and English is required.
- Ciena is a network strategy and technology company with a passion to provide an experience, to you and our customers that is as rewarding as the outcome. We attract the best and brightest– those with outstanding talent, motivation, and the right attitude to contribute to our success. Our culture balances our openness and informality with professionalism and trust and is built on the foundation of our core values: Customer First, Integrity, Velocity, Innovation, and Outstanding People.
- Ciena enables everyone to have a voice and a network that supports them while on the journey to discovering their passion and purpose. We trust each individual to do what they can to reach their full potential and make an impact on the business, whenever, wherever they are in the world. With Ciena’s highly innovative, forward-thinking business practices, we reward people for pushing the boundaries. Unlock your potential at Ciena!
- As part of our commitment to diversity and inclusion, we want to foster an environment that values and respects all individual’s strengths, perspectives, ideas, and ability to meet the needs of our customers globally. Ciena values the diversity of its workforce and respects its employees as individuals, regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, gender, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status or any other category protected by applicable law. We do not tolerate any form of discrimination. Ciena is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status. If contacted in relation to a job opportunity, you should advise Ciena in a timely fashion of the specific accommodation measures required for you to be assessed in a fair and equitable manner.
- We do not charge any fee for employment and the same applies to the Recruitment Partners we work with. Additionally, we do not ask for any refundable security deposit to be paid in bank accounts for employment purposes. We request candidates to be cautious of misleading communications and not pay any fee/ deposit to individuals/ agencies/ employment portals on the pretext of attending Ciena’s interview process or seeking employment with us.