Senior Software Developer
Location : Mississauga, ON
Headquarters : 6975 Credit view Rd Unit 4, Mississauga, ON L5N 8E9, Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
- SOTI is committed to providing its employees with endless possibilities; learning new things, working with the latest technologies and making a difference in the world.
- Senior Software Developer (Backend and Frontend )
- It all started with one developer’s vision. Carl Rodrigues, President and CEO of SOTI, has a classic story. While acting as an IT consultant, he developed solutions for managing mobile device screens from a desktop, an innovation that has put him ahead in what is now one of the largest growing markets – Enterprise Mobility Management (EMM). With a passion for innovation, and a relentless drive for quality, Carl now leads one of the fastest growing, profitable, and self-sustaining companies in Canada, and continues to build on the company’s early lead in the enterprise mobility market.
- Today, SOTI is the world's most trusted provider of mobile and IoT management solutions, with over 17,000 enterprise customers and millions of devices managed worldwide. SOTI's portfolio of solutions and services provides the tools organizations need to truly mobilize their operations and optimize their mobile technology investments. Our award-winning solution, SOTI MobiControl, allows enterprises to enable, optimize and secure their mobile workforce across all platforms to support multiple deployment policies.
- Our people are our most important resource. For us to continue to develop new innovations and achieve the impossible, we are looking for Computer Science Experts and out-of-the-box thinkers that appreciate the art of creating great software.
- As the successful candidate, you have strong math and logical thinking, excellent understanding of algorithms, data structures, software architecture and design, and you understand the logic behind how things work.
- You’ll get the chance to work with leading edge technologies and take on complex and interesting projects as part of fast-paced, highly collaborative and agile teams. You are an experienced Senior Software Developer who has the passion for software development and design, and enjoys building robust scalable applications in cross-platform environments. A self-starter who can collaborate with a team, yet work independently towards a common goal.
- Develop innovative solutions to tackle big industry problems
- Design and code efficiently in multiple frontend and backend programming languages
- Create reliable, scalable software designs and architectures
- Work in multi-disciplinary teams consistent of DEVs, QAs and PMs and effectively communicate with team members
- Apply advanced technical skills and domain knowledge to consistently deduce the source of complex problems
- Collaborate on projects with an all-star team comprised of varying skill sets through code reviews and design discussions
- Participate in brainstorming and idea generation activities
- Stay up to date with advanced technologies in order to be able to provide the best solutions for new projects
- Have fun, with all of the above!
- Expertise in Computer Science with an excellent understanding of math, algorithms, data structures, design patterns and software architecture, and the ability to understand the logic behind the relationships within programs themselves
- Strong hands-on experience in software development, solution design, implementation and test, preferably with product companies
- Good understanding of data modelling and storage with well-known relational database (preferably MS SQL Server, MySQL) and experience designing data models
- Knowledge of commonly used development tools and technology such as source code control (Git), product developments (Jira), Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery (CI/CD)
- Experience working in Agile development, its practices, and tools (coding standards, code reviews, source code management, build processes, QA)
- Understanding of Networking principles and concepts such as TCP/IP, certificates, SSL/TLS, firewalls
- Experience using source code versioning tools, functional and non-functional testing, coding standards and quality measures
- Experience leading junior software developers on technical designs and developments
- Eagerness to learn new software/technologies and drive adaptation among team members and cross functional teams
- Degree in Computer Science or relevant education
- Relocating from abroad? Moving to a new country can be exciting and challenging. We have prepared a list of resources to ease your transition to Canada, and our People and Culture Team will always be available to you for support. Visa sponsorship and relocation assistance are available to successful and qualified candidates, contingent on approval from the local government.
- SOTI is home to many faiths, cultures, and nationalities. The SOTI family is an example of an inclusive work culture that is respectful to all. We are always looking for fresh and innovative thinkers who can make a difference. We offer careers with #EndlessPossibilities.
- If you want to bring your ideas to life, apply at SOTI today.
- We are committed to providing accessible employment practices that are in compliance with the requirements under the Human Rights Code and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). If you require accommodation during any stage of the recruitment process, please notify People & Culture at firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Please note that SOTI does not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters or employment agencies. In the absence of a signed Services Agreement with agency/recruiter, SOTI will not consider or agree to payment of any referral compensation or recruiter fee.