Software Sales Executive
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : Waterloo, Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Sales/Marketing Executive
Experience : Mid Level
- Descartes Unites the People and Technology that Move the World
- The need for efficient, secure, and agile supply chains and logistics operations has become ever more critical and complex. By combining innovative technology, powerful trade intelligence and the reach of our network, Descartes helps get goods, information, transportation assets, and people where they’re needed, when they’re needed.
- We’re one of the most broadly deployed logistics and supply chain technology companies in the world. More than 22,000 customers around the globe use our cloud-based solutions to transform the way they move inventory and information to enhance productivity, better serve customers, thrive competitively, keep pace with evolving regulations, and respond to rapidly changing market conditions.
- Descartes is publicly traded (Nasdaq:DSGX, TSX:DSG) with headquarters in Waterloo, Ontario, Canada, and offices and partners around the world. With record financial performance for more than 16 years, we lead the industry in innovation investment. Every day, logistics service providers, manufacturers, retailers, distributors, and other logistics-intensive businesses of all sizes rely on our scale, stability, and comprehensive solution footprint to move what’s most important to them.
- We’re growing fast and invite you to join our amazing team.
- We are looking for a dedicated Account Executive to be the agent that further builds the working relationship between our clients and us. You will work to grow our customer base by actively marketing our SaaS solutions to our existing clients. Additionally, you will cross-sell complementary solutions to them with the goal of improving their overall experience with transportation, logistics, and distribution.
- Impact. Descartes is on the path to rapid growth, further expanding the prevalence of our solutions across the world. As we broaden our reach in the market, your position will be vital as you play a crucial role in building our network of customers and forging new connections with prospects that stand to gain from utilizing our SaaS solutions. As a key player in our company's success, the impact of your work will be felt as we grow within the logistics marketplace.
- Career growth. At Descartes, we highly value the input made by each employee to help us achieve our company goals. To this end, we strive to ensure that everyone has access, and exposure to the most up-to-date tools in the industry, to learn and improve their expertise. We ensure that each employee has access to internal programs and training courses to improve their understanding of the functional and technical elements of our solutions. As your knowledge grows, so do the opportunities for advancement to more senior opportunities or into another areas of the business. This is a company where you can truly chart out a career path for yourself.
- The knowledge and experience. You have at least two years of experience in sales under your belt, with a proven history of success in logistics operations or SaaS solutions. You are capable of identifying sales opportunities and acting on them, and you have an understanding of what it takes to succeed in promoting our product or solution.
- The passion. You have an innate drive for prosperity and a passion that pushes you to take action in following up on leads to the point where they convert to sales. You are a self-starter that is always on the lookout for their next close, and the prospect of success motivates you to put your best foot forward every day.
- The interpersonal skills. You are a great collaborator, and you thrive in an environment where you constantly communicate with your colleagues or your clients. Social settings are where you are most comfortable, and where you can coordinate with your team to achieve specific objectives, or constantly stay in touch with customers and prospects to establish a working relationship that is built on trust that you always deliver.
- We succeed when our customers succeed so, for us, results are everything. Descartes’ logistics and supply chain solutions help automate, streamline and secure the flow of goods and information in ways that result in a significant positive impact on the environment. In 2020, we helped our customers save over 552 thousand metric tons of CO2, 1.86 billion sheets of paper, and 727 million liters of fuel.
- Descartes has a deep sense of environmental responsibility. Join a team that’s committed to working with customers to conserve resources and enhance sustainability.
- Our cloud-based solutions improve logistics and supply chain productivity, performance, and security. Descartes’ Logistics Technology Platform innovatively combines the world’s most expansive logistics network with the industry’s broadest array of logistics management applications and most comprehensive offering of global trade related intelligence.
- Network: The Descartes Global Logistics Network™ manages the real-time flow of commercial, logistics, customs and product information. It spans more than 160 countries and connects hundreds of thousands of organizations in logistics and transportation, manufacturing, distribution, retail, government, ecommerce and business services.
- Applications: Customers use our modular, cloud-based applications to route, schedule, track and measure delivery resources; plan, allocate and execute shipments; rate, audit and pay transportation invoices; access global trade data; file customs and security documents for imports and exports; and complete numerous other logistics processes
- Intelligence: Our global trade intelligence solutions and services enable organizations to work smarter by making better, data -driven business and supply chain decisions.
- Innovation: We’re focused on transforming new ideas and feedback from our customers and in-house domain experts into real-world innovations. New developments in the areas of IoT, machine learning, AI and analytics are enhancing the ability of our solutions to solve problems and process more information in new and complex ways.
- Today’s supply chains are more connected, complex and moving faster than ever. To meet this challenge, Descartes is leading digital transformation for companies of all sizes. We invite you to join our epic journey.
- As we scale, we’re looking for new doers, collaborators and innovators to join Descartes in uniting the people and technology that move the world as the Global Leader in Logistics and Supply Chain Technology.
- We’re entrepreneurial, hardworking, geeky-in-a-good way problem solvers. Guided by our values, we nurture a TEAM focused culture that invests in people and creates opportunities for advancement across a broad spectrum of career paths. We prioritize work-life balance and foster an environment with the space to take ownership, to be heard, and to carve a path for your individual accomplishments to help drive our success. At Descartes, everyone has a voice and the best argument wins, regardless of who makes it.
- We offer competitive compensation, great benefits, remote and flexible work hours, and the opportunity to join a company on an awesome mission with a great existing team and trajectory.
- If you feel you have 70% of the qualifications we are looking for, and Descartes sounds like the team and the mission you want to be part of, apply now. We can't promise it will be a fit, but we do promise to consider your experience.
- Due to COVID-19, we've implemented a virtual hiring process and continue to interview candidates by phone or video (Microsoft TEAMS) and are on-boarding new hires remotely. We value the safety of each member of our community because we know we're all in this together.
- We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please review our EEO is the Law , Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Statement, EEO/AA Statement . Descartes participates in the E-Verify program. Please click below to learn more about the E-Verify program. Notice of E-Verify Participation Right to Work (English and Spanish).
- Descartes is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to job applicants with disabilities. Applicants in North America with a disability who require a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process can email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide your name and contact information along with the accommodation needed to assist you with the application process. Your request will be responded to as soon as possible. Reasonable accommodations will be determined on a case-by-case basis.
- Please note that this role requires satisfactory completion of References/Background Check and Educational Verification.