Senior Product Manager, OEM
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Mid Level
- Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
- Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
- Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
- We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking a Product Manager, OEM who will direct product development from conception to launch and be responsible for discovering, developing and carefully cultivating existing and new products/solutions to support the needs of Geotab’s OEM partners. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
- As a Product Manager, OEM your key area of responsibility will be to determine the roadmap to evolve the expansion of the MyGeotab connected vehicle platform as the connected car market landscape continues to evolve. To be successful in this role you will be a self-starter with strong written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to quickly understand complex, technical concepts.
- The primary role is to truly understand the infrastructure needed to support the growth of existing and new revenue streams within Geotab, the associated market, and how automotive OEMs can benefit from telematics solutions to improve their business.
- Perform discovery interviews with prospective & existing partners and customers to identify product gaps and generate news ideas for continuous value add for existing customers, grow market share for new customers & overall improve Geotab’s customer experience.
- Leverage various research methodologies and market inputs to identify common patterns, pain points, problems to be solved/jobs to be done and use this to identify relevant solution opportunities/product efforts.
- Support Geotab global strategic initiatives by working with resellers and sales within partnerships across the Geotab reseller network to meet the needs of multinational Geotab prospects.
- Prioritize building what matters most by balancing short term sales targets with long term strategic investments for the business.
- Collaboratively define and drive reporting and monitoring mechanisms against set product outcomes and use as a tool to measure continued success of product efforts (both qualitative and quantitative).
- Collaborate with other product managers on designing and executing market feedback loops and incorporate into product planning.
- Clearly communicate the Why for every product effort and educate other stakeholders on the problems to be solved, business objectives, etc. Leverage this in collaboration with UX designers, developers, data scientists and other stakeholders to do.
- Collect and analyze feedback from customers, stakeholders and internal teams to continuously make improvements to products that are launched.
- Focus on the end to end customer journey as part of product planning from the first interaction through to support & post sales activities
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree specialization in Engineering, Business, Computer Science or a related field highly valued.
- 5+ years experience in product management and/or customer discovery.
- Experience in a SaaS environment is highly valued.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Self starter, resourceful with strong analytical skills with the ability to problem-solve to well-judged decisions.
- Strategic mindset, with a keen sense of priorities, along with an ability to pivot as the landscape changes.
- Well-defined sense of diplomacy, including solid negotiation, conflict resolution, and relationship management skills.
- Must stay relevant to technology and should have the flexibility to adapt to the growing technology and market demands.
- Experience with reporting or business analysis.
- High accuracy and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong organizational skills to be able to manage products through discovery to launch and continuous review.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
- Experience leveraging customer success tools (i.e., Salesforce) an asset.
- At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
- We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.