Location : 717 Plantation St, Worcester, MA 01605
Headquarters : Courbevoie, France
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Software development
- The M4.0/Automation Engineer will utilize knowledge of engineering or scientific principles, theories and concepts to provide technical support and solutions to manufacturing. Objectives should include but are not limited to: improving yield and efficiency by enhancing the level of digital integration within the plant. The incumbent will be expected to plan and execute projects based on engineering or manufacturing department goals.
- This position will provide leadership in the implementation and support of plant systems integration and data acquisition systems. The incumbent will be responsible for the implementation and integration of Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES) and system integration solutions. The incumbent will interface with process experts to identify and solve safety, quality, delivery and cost problems through Saint-Gobain’s operation excellence system (WCM).
- Design/support applications using a MES system such as Ignition (preferred) or similar including database development (SQL), scripting (Python/Ignition expression language) and reporting
- Responsible for design/modification of industrial network and support of Industrial IoT implementation related to MES & SCADA systems
- Lead/support other 4.0 related projects such as implementing self-driving vehicles (SDVs) or the use of RFID tracking technology in an industrial setting.
- Write/modify PLC code (Ladder Logic/Structured Text) for existing control systems
- Research any new and upcoming technologies that will improve production /increase efficiency etc.
- Work effectively with stakeholders to assist in definition of business needs as they relate to digital project implementation.
- Plan, devise, design, and participate in the completion of digital projects towards long-term optimization, systems integration, and process improvement.
- Responsible for technical deliverables for the digital systems.
- Perform technical analysis activities, such as requirements gathering and gap analysis of user requirements.
- Write project reports and make oral presentations of work progress to articulate and convey project developments to all appropriate supervisory, management, and manufacturing personnel.
- Develop and maintain control system documentation and documentation change control procedures.
- Train customers and other stakeholders on use of digital systems
- Assist in evaluating and selecting automation hardware and software necessary to meet current and future manufacturing requirements.
- Design/modify network infrastructure and implement use of IIoT devices to capture real-time data from the shop floor
- Provide input to managing the controls and automation systems testing, quality control, data retrieval and training for all packaging and processing equipment.
- Assist with assessing the effectiveness and maintainability of new automation systems and managing the automation change process for existing equipment.
- Participate in strategic and tactical planning sessions, must be able to work independently as well as part of the team.
- Manage and report on adjustments to scope, schedule, and issues.
- Provide hands-on assistance to Operators and Manufacturing personnel on the production floor to identity opportunities for process improvements and implement solutions.
- Bachelor's Degree in related field of study (Engineering, Computer Science, Ceramics, etc) is required- Master’s Degree preferred
- 1-3 years of progressive experience preferred to include manufacturing experience and software development experience
- Experience with Manufacturing 4.0 (ERP, MES/SCADA, PLC, sensors) and industrial networks
- Experience developing applications using a MES system such as Ignition
- Experience writing queries with SQL
- Experience working with vendors and selecting appropriate hardware/solutions
- Experience with Manufacturing principles such as Lean, Six Sigma, SPC, DOE
- Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communications skills and the ability to work effectively across all levels of the organization and with customers are necessary.
- Must be able to influence leaders in all departments.
- Ability of using various scientific rules and methods to solve problems coupled with the ability to detect and solve problems effectively.
- Saint-Gobain Industrial Ceramics is a worldwide manufacturer of high temperature specialised refractory materials. Our products are manufactured for the Ceramics, Metallurgy, Foundry, Chemical, Petrochemical, Power Generation, Waste Processing and Glass Making Industries. We specialise in products ranging from refractory bricks, tiles and blocks to mortar, cements, ramming and gunnable monolithics and trowelling mixes to low mass kiln furniture systems.
- At Saint-Gobain we design, manufacture and distribute materials which are key ingredients in the wellbeing of each of us and the future of all. Join our innovative, passionate and entrepreneurial community to improve the world of tomorrow with us.
- Saint-Gobain provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. Saint-Gobain is an equal opportunity employer of individuals with disabilities and supports the hiring of veterans.