Software Development Engineer
Location : Eagan, MN
Headquarters : 3535 Blue Cross Rd, Eagan, MN 55122, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Minnesota is one of the most recognized and trusted health care brands in the world with 2.9 million members. We’re committed to reinventing health care to improve health for our members and the community. We hope you'll join us. Please note that effective 11/23/2021, all associates must be fully vaccinated for COVID19 unless legally entitled to a reasonable accommodation related to religious or medical exemptions.
- We are looking for passionate, hard-working software developers who can help us build innovative technology experiences that will support BlueCross’s mission to inspire change, transform care and improve health for the people we serve .
- Code, support, develop, and maintain software.
- Work collaboratively on a daily scrum team with a scrum master, product owner, analysts, other developers, and testers to iteratively deliver functional code to production.
- Work with business customers, analysts, and team members to understand requirements.
- Learn new technologies, methods, and approaches from more senior team members.
- Participate in the full software development lifecycle.
- Leverage established coding design patterns and best practices.
- This job may include on-call duties.
- Knowledge of agile, DevOps, IT Service Management, and other development and support processes and methodologies.
- Prototype design and implementation.
- [Insert language that are nice-to-haves but not needed…more is better since this will help jobs show up on key word searches, e.g., - Terraform, Talend, AWS Glue, TypeScript, Express.js, Java, Groovy, Spring, NoSQL, NativeScript.js, REST, PHP, OOP, HTML, CSS, Test Automation, AWS cloud infrastructure, web, mobile, API, and IoT solutions, PEGA, Acquia, Drupal, Node.JS, React.js, SQL Database, NoSQL]
- [Insert tools we use to develop, e.g., GitLab, Talend, Jira, Microsoft Teams, ServiceNow]
- [Add other optional relevant experience, e.g., Data Modeling, ETL, application architecture]
- Blue Cross is an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer that values diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, disability, age, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, or any other legally protected characteristic.
- Reasonable Accommodation for Job Seekers with a Disability: If you require reasonable accommodation in completing this application, interviewing, completing any pre-employment testing, or otherwise participating in the employee selection process, please direct your inquiries to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- All roles require a high school diploma (or equivalency) and legal authorization to work in the U.S.
- Blue Cross® and Blue Shield® of Minnesota and Blue Plus® are nonprofit independent licensees of the Blue Cross and Blue Shield Association.