SyncE/PTP Software Test Engineer
Location : Ottawa, ON
Headquarters : Espoo, Finland
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Testing/QA Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- At Nokia, we create technology that helps the world act together. As a trusted partner for critical networks, we are committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed, and cloud networks. We create value with intellectual property and long-term research, led by the award-winning Nokia Bell Labs. Adhering to the highest standards of integrity and security, we help build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world. Watch our video to discover how we create meaningful interactions to drive human progress.
- The mission of the Network Infrastructure (NI) Business Group is to be the most trusted partner for the world’s most critical network infrastructure. NI will respond to the ever-increasing demand for networks with higher capacity, greater reliability, faster speeds, and lower costs.
- Nokia is a global leader in the technologies that connect people and things. With state-of-the-art software, hardware and services for any type of network, Nokia is uniquely positioned to help communication service providers, governments, and large enterprises deliver on the promise of 5G, the Cloud and the Internet of Things. Serving customers in over 100 countries, our research scientists and engineers continue to invent and accelerate new technologies that will increasingly transform the way people and things communicate and connect.
- The 7x50 Service Router Team has locations in Kanata (Ontario), Mountain View (California), Antwerp (Belgium) and London (UK). We are a team of highly motivated engineers with a passion for building the highest quality, edge and core routing platform for use by service providers, webscale companies and enterprise applications (https://networks.nokia.com/products/7750-service-router).
- Will work in a team of talented software engineers, accountable for releasing high quality software for the new generation of Nokia's high performance core and edge routers.
- Has diverse interests in multiple engineering disciplines encompassing both electrical and computer engineering.
- Must be willing to relocate to Ottawa, Ontario, Canada
- Develop automated test cases to validate new h/w and s/w features in a Linux-based regression environment.
- Test enhancements to functional areas such as IEEE 1588 Precision Time Protocol and Synchronous Ethernet.
- Build and configure test beds with cutting-edge hardware and test equipment for traffic generation and protocol emulation.
- Perform testing of new line cards, media adapters and platform features on the 7750 SR product family.
- Verify application and driver-level software, FPGA firmware and packet data path.
- Analyze the test results on a nightly and weekly basis and work closely with testers and developers to investigate and resolve bugs.
- Monitor automated regression tests to ensure that new code does not break existing functionality.
- Solid programming skills (transferable to new languages).
- A curiosity to learn, reverse engineer, and tear apart a feature or a design (i.e., research and understand your feature area inside and out in order to test it thoroughly).
- Strong analytical / troubleshooting skills.
- Quick learner, self starter, able to work independently.
- Strong sense of ownership and accountability.
- A solid understanding of computer h/w architectural building blocks.
- Experience using source control software (CVS, Git).
- Experience coding large s/w projects outside of typical school projects.
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
- BS in Electrical Engineering or Computer Engineering or Computer Science.
- Obsessive attention to detail.
- A strong passion for quality
- 1 on 1 mentorship with an experienced Test Automation Engineer.
- Competitive salary and benefits.
- Learning how to work and code in a large scale s/w project.
- Learn and use bleeding edge internet router h/w and associated IP test equipment.
- Learn how to configure large scale networking devices through various types of interfaces (CLI, SNMP, NETCONF, GMI).
- Imagine creating technology that has the potential to change the world. Working with us, you will have a positive impact on people’s lives and help to overcome some of the world’s most pressing challenges. We act inclusively and respect the uniqueness of people.
- Nokia is committed to building a skilled, diverse and inclusive workforce reflective of Canadian society. As a result, we promote employment equity and are an equal opportunity employer that attracts and hires talent regardless of age, race, creed, colour, religion, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or any other legally protected grounds and will not discriminate on these bases.