Senior Software Engineer, SRE – Guidewire Data Platform
Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : San Mateo, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
- Are you passionate about solving interesting technical challenges by defining, designing deploying and troubleshooting Cloud services, platforms, and infrastructure, always thinking about reliability, scalability, resilience, security, and performance?
- Guidewire Data Platform SRE team is responsible for maximizing service reliability, performance and scalability of Data Platform services. The mission is shared end to end ownership of the services with Development team.
- We are seeking subject matter experts for continuously improving the reliability of Big Data Platform and SaaS applications. You will work in a highly collaborative environment operating next-generation platforms and services using the latest and greatest cutting-edge & bleeding-edge technologies. This is a unique opportunity to define, build, evangelize, and optimize our SRE practices, alongside working on enterprise-grade, internet-scale cloud-native Big Data platform!
- Extensive experience with continuous deployment of cloud services
- Prior experience in running data platforms using Big Data stack (Kafka, Hadoop, Spark, Hive) on public cloud (AWS/Azure)
- Good programming skills in Java, python or any scripting language to build tooling for self service automation
- Prior experience with CI/CD (Teamcity, Jenkins) for gate promotion
- Prior experience with IaC tools like Terraform, AWS CloudFormation
- Good problem solving and analytical skills to troubleshoot issues in a complex multi-tier environment
- Experience is Incident (PagerDuty) and Post Incident Management
- Expertise in Monitoring tools (Datadog, ELK)
- Knowledge of capacity and scalability of cloud resources
- Knowledge on blue/green deployment and chaos engineering
- Comfortable working with Kubernetes (AWS EKS), Docker containers
- Eager to learn new things and passionate about technology!
- Maintain a 24x7 production environment with a high level of service availability.
- Drive incidents to resolution by coordinating with multiple engineering teams
- Partner with other development teams in defining and implementing improvements in service architecture.
- Implement automation and orchestration for manual processes required to operate and deploy cloud services
- Improve our incident management lifecycle to identify, mitigate, and learn from reliability risks
- Form and maintain relationships with internal and external partners
- Develop deeper insights and analysis into the quality of experience for our customers
- Build a positive work environment based on accountability, in collaboration with the engineering and operations management teams across the Guidewire.
- BS/MS in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Math’s or equivalent work experience
- 8+ years of relevant work experience
- You have experience solving infrastructure and application problems with software
- You have a big-picture perspective on systems and tools
- You can collaborate with other engineering teams to understand their systems and help improve them
- You have strong technical knowledge of cloud infrastructure, distributed systems, networking, storage, operating systems
- Experience with Java or Scala development, e.g., Java based Micro-services, REST APIs/gRPC
- Experience with AWS and its native services, e.g. RDS, EMR, Redshift, MSK, SNS, SQS
- Understand IaaS abstractions like Kubernetes/Cloud foundry/OpenShift
- Agile development methodologies
- Open to Remote candidates from PST or MST OR CST time zones Preferred. You will work closely with the team based out of San Mateo, CA Headquarters.
- Guidewire is the platform P&C insurers trust to engage, innovate, and grow efficiently.
- Guidewire combines core, data, digital, analytics, and AI to deliver our platform as a cloud service. More than 400 insurers, including the largest and most complex in the world, run on Guidewire.
- As a partner to our customers, we continually evolve to enable their success. We are proud of our unparalleled implementation track record with 1000+ successful projects, supported by the largest R&D team and partner ecosystem in the industry. Our Marketplace provides hundreds of add-ons that accelerate integration, localization, and innovation.
- Guidewire Software Inc. provides equal employment opportunities to all applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. All offers are contingent upon passing a criminal history and other background checks where it's applicable to the position.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.