Product Development Leader
Location : Brentwood
Headquarters : London
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Want to do the best work of your life? With 24 million customers in 6 countries, make your mark at Europe’s leading media and entertainment brand. A workplace where you can proudly be yourself; our people make Sky a truly exciting and inclusive place to work.
- “As a Product Development Leader, your focus would be to control the flow of product related information into the factories to allow the manufacture of Sky products at our partner factories in Asia and Europe. You will interact with multi-national teams in China, India and Europe. You will be required to liaise with key part suppliers to ensure that manufacture timescales are met,” Andrew Stockton, Manufacturing Engineering Manager
- Work with the project development teams to understand the build requirements of the new products.
- Collate the information from each of the design teams for each build cycle.
- Support the factory during the development builds cycles and help ensure availability of components. Ensure that required software is delivered in time for the SMT process.
- Obtain the build reports from the factories and feed back to the development teams.
- Order, allocate and maintain the provisioning data to the factories, such as serialisation data, HDCP key, MAC addresses and security provisioning data.
- Good communication and people management skills being able to work within a diverse range of cultures and disciplines.
- Must be able to control and organise build cycles across different product groups.
- Must be able to keep information up to date for use by development teams.
- Must be fluent in Microsoft Office Suite and have good computer skills.
- An understanding of high volume manufacturing environment is desirable.
- Knowledge of PDM/ERP systems is desirable.
- Must be a good team worker.
- Here in the European COO Group, we help everyone across the Sky Group make things even better for customers. From leading Sky’s transformation programmes and unlocking value for reinvestment, to managing the product supply chain and keeping Sky safe, we make a difference to our customers and to our colleagues right across Europe, every day.
- There’s a reason people can’t stop talking about #LifeAtSky. Our great range of rewards really are something special, here are just a few:
- Sky Q, for the TV you love all in one place
- A generous pension package
- Private healthcare
- Discounted mobile and broadband
- Access a wide range of exclusive Sky VIP rewards and experiences
- Our location takes some beating: we’re practically in Brentwood station, which has regular trains to London Liverpool Street. If you find it easier to drive, there’s some onsite parking, while Chatham Way car park is a short walk away.
- We take pride in our approach to diversity and inclusion: we’ve been recognised by The Times and Stonewall for this, and we’ve committed £30million to support the fight against racial injustice. We’ve also set ambitious targets for increasing ethnic diversity and representation throughout our organisation.
- At Sky we don’t just look at your CV. We’re more focused on who you are and your potential. We also know that everyone has a life outside work, so we’re happy to discuss flexible working.
- And we’ll do everything we can to support you during your application. If you need us to make any adjustments to our recruitment process, speak to our recruitment team who will be happy to support you.
- Apply now to build an amazing career and be part of a brilliant team. We can’t wait to hear from you.
- To find out more about working with us, search #LifeAtSky on social media. A job you love to talk about.
- Just so you know: if your application is successful, we’ll ask you to complete a criminal record check. And depending on the role you have applied for and the nature of any convictions you may have, we might have to withdraw the offer.