Staff Software Engineer
Location : Boston, MA
Headquarters : Paris, France
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Mid Level
- Software development
- Capgemini is an Equal Opportunity Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender identity/expression, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetics, veteran status, marital status or any other characteristic protected by law.
- This is a general description of the Duties, Responsibilities and Qualifications required for this position. Physical, mental, sensory or environmental demands may be referenced in an attempt to communicate the manner in which this position traditionally is performed. Whenever necessary to provide individuals with disabilities an equal employment opportunity, Capgemini will consider reasonable accommodations that might involve varying job requirements and/or changing the way this job is performed, provided that such accommodations do not pose an undue hardship.
- Click the following link for more information on your rights as an Applicant - http://www.capgemini.com/resources/equal-employment-opportunity-is-the-law
- Capgemini is a global leader in consulting, digital transformation, technology and engineering services. The Group is at the forefront of innovation to address the entire breadth of clients’ opportunities in the evolving world of cloud, digital and platforms. Building on its strong 50-year+ heritage and deep industry-specific expertise, Capgemini enables organizations to realize their business ambitions through an array of services from strategy to operations. Capgemini is driven by the conviction that the business value of technology comes from and through people. Today, it is a multicultural company of 270,000 team members in almost 50 countries. With Altran, the Group reported 2019 combined revenues of €17billion.
- Visit us at www.capgemini.com. People matter, results count.
- Sr. Software Engineering - Embedded
- Capgemini Engineering combines, under one brand, a unique set of strengths from across the Capgemini Group: the world leading engineering and R&D services of Altran – acquired by Capgemini in 2020 – and Capgemini’ s digital manufacturing expertise. With broad industry knowledge and cutting-edge technologies in digital and software, Capgemini Engineering supports the convergence of the physical and digital worlds. Combined with the capabilities of the rest of the Group, it helps clients to accelerate their journey towards Intelligent Industry. Capgemini Engineering has more than 52,000 engineer and scientist team members in over 30 countries across sectors including aeronautics, automotive, railways, communications, energy, life sciences, semiconductors, software & internet, space & defense, and consumer products.
- Get the Future You Want | www.capgemini.com
- Job Description
- Capgemini is looking for Senior Software Engineers who are motivated, smart and enthusiastic about building and supporting complex analytic software using the latest technologies. If you are someone who is not content with just writing code, but prefers to understand how and why things work, you will be right at home in this position.
- As a Senior Software Engineer with Capgemini Engineering, you will bring cutting-edge technologies to market while working with a group of dedicated engineers on all phases of software development including requirements definition, design, architecture, development, testing, integration, and deployment.
- 5+ years as a software engineer supporting development of complex embedded systems
- Experience with Object Oriented Design and UML.
- Experience with C++ development for embedded systems (Linux, QNX, VxWorks, etc)
- Knowledge of automation, IoT communications or software controls
- Previous success working with small to medium-sized teams
- Experience following formal software development lifecycles
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal skills including the ability to work effectively with customers to define software solutions
- Willingness to travel up to 20% as needed
- Capgemini is a global leader in partnering with companies to transform and manage their business by harnessing the power of technology. The Group is guided everyday by its purpose of unleashing human energy through technology for an inclusive and sustainable future. It is a responsible and diverse organization of 270,000 team members in nearly 50 countries. With its strong 50 year heritage and deep industry expertise, Capgemini is trusted by its clients to address the entire breadth of their business needs, from strategy and design to operations, fueled by the fast evolving and innovative world of cloud, data, AI, connectivity, software, digital engineering and platforms. The Group reported in 2020 global revenues of €16 billion.
- This company is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.
- B.S in computer science or a scientific/engineering discipline