Software Test Engineer III
Location : 500 Cardigan Road, Shoreview, MN 55126
Headquarters : Shoreview, Minnesota, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Testing/QA Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Health insurance
- Shoreview, MN, US, 55126
- Are you excited about helping to protect the healthcare workers from the coronavirus and other infectious diseases? Or by monitoring air pollution and toxins from natural disasters (i.e., forest fires, volcanos) and man-made pollutions (i.e., power plants, factories, mining, vehicle emissions) in the US and abroad? TSI is reimagining their business and customer experience by delivering game changing digital solutions across a variety of market segments using leading-edge technologies on a SaaS platform and the Internet of Things (IoT) to solve complex problems.
- TSI provides trusted measurement, application guidance, and data analytics solutions that enable our customers to make informed decisions. For over 50 years, our customers have relied on our products for a variety of critical applications, from environmental monitoring to occupational safety. Headquartered in the Twin Cities, we have sales offices throughout the world. We work closely with leading academic institutions and government agencies to insure the safety of people, the quality of manufactured goods, and the health of the environment.
- The Software Test Engineer will bring experience working within agile teams creating and delivering quality software with positive attitude and enthusiasm, and strong communication skills. The Software Test Engineer is flexible and highly adaptable to changes in development infrastructure and new technology standards and must strive to make improvements. An ideal candidate is someone who has hands-on experience using modern testing practices, tools, Shift Left approach, Agile testing, etc. The candidate has a natural curiosity to stay aware of new developments in the QA domain. For this role, we are looking for a talented Software Test Engineer with an interest in working in a variety of protocols and technology environments with a passion for quality, communication, and teamwork to create high quality customer facing applications.
- Testing software on embedded instruments, web or desktop applications, mobile, and/or cloud solutions
- Testing software on measurement instruments. Examples include instruments used for air flow, aerosol and dust monitoring, indoor/outdoor air monitoring, fluid dynamics, particle counters, biomedical testing, contamination control, and biohazard detection
- Develop and maintain test scenarios, regression test suites, and test scripts
- Collaborate with Agile teams to track development and testing, including ability to develop acceptance criteria for stories and estimate work in story points
- Collaborate with test and software engineers to understand complex implementations and determine best methodology for testing
- Provide traceability from requirements to test plans to results for verification and validation testing
- Ensure products meets or exceeds predefined quality standards
- Effectively communicate status of testing efforts and metrics throughout product lifecycle
- Perform exploratory testing and scenario-based testing
- Develop and execute queries for data validation and test execution in database platforms (i.e., SQLite, SQL Server, NoSQL)
- Design and implement overall automation test strategy and plan
- Work with software engineers to ensure automated testability is “built in”
- Bring passion to stay on top of quality, testing trends, and tools
- Tracking, categorizing, and documenting test findings and metrics
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of experience in software testing
- Design and implement overall test strategy and plan
- Experience with manual, functional, end to end testing, regression testing
- Excellent communication
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills
- Collaborative, flexible mindset
- Jira and BitBucket expertise or similar tools
- Agile Scrum methodology
- Experience testing on embedded devices, web and mobile (i.e., Android, iOS), and desktop applications (i.e., Linux, Windows and Mac)
- Hands-on experience with automation testing tools and frameworks
- Experience with TestRail or similar test case management tools
- Experience with security, load and performance testing
- Enjoy work-life balance, team lunches, celebrations, and outings, Hackathon, competitive chili cookoffs, and a comprehensive benefits package.
- All offers of employment in the U.S., where legally permitted, are contingent on the candidate showing proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19 19 (currently one dose of the Johnson & Johnson vaccine or two doses of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine + 14 days) to pass the pre-employment requirements. Individuals with medical issues or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption / reasonable accommodation from the vaccine requirement.
- Legal authorization to work in the United States without the need for sponsorship. We require proof of eligibility to work in the United States.