Engineering Team Leader
Location : Tyne and Wear
Headquarters : Bolton
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- Are you already a Charge Hand, Lead Engineer, Engineering Team Leader or a Multi-Skilled Engineer at the top of your game?
- We are looking for a Team Leader in Engineering to support a small team of shift based Multi-Skilled Engineers, you’ll work 4 on, 4 off, DAYS ONLY.
- As ‘Britain’s Best Loved Food Brand’ we have been baking bread since 1876. Today, we are proudly a fifth-generation family company supplying 18,000 retail customers from 12 bakeries and 14 depots, producing a range of over 70 products including gluten and wheat free. Our family of 4,500 colleagues throughout the UK, have recognised us as a Sunday Times Top 30 Best Big Companies’ to work for.
- Family and values are what makes us different, and we are a proud bunch, join us and you too could be proud to be Warburtons.
- Our Engineering teams are encouraged to foster new ideas and perspectives whilst driving change at a pace; we’re looking for you to make a personal impact, have passion and inspire a team whilst recognising successes and rewarding that along the way.
- We are proud of our safety record and our Engineers lead by example in all that they do; quality and safety are the values we live by and we’re looking to find that passion in you.
- As an Engineering Team Leader you’ll support the delivery of planned and preventative maintenance. This role is a lead position in a critical area of our Engineering team, you’ll be prepared to be hands on and roll your sleeves up. You will train and coach our operations team with autonomous maintenance. Innovation, accountability, strong leadership skills coupled with technical engineering knowledge is essential for the role.
- You’ll manage, develop and engage a small team of Multi Skilled Engineers to drive the effectiveness of the engineering team in reducing downtime and increasing productivity. You’ll ensure daily preventative maintenance activities are completed to a high standard, breakdowns are resolved quickly and efficiently to maximise plant reliability, performance, product quality and safety. You will take the lead on more complex maintenance tasks, ensure required parts are available and be responsible for a detailed handover to the next shift team.
- Ensure plant is safe to operate and maintain and personnel conform to health and safety legislation, policies and standards
- Lead an engineering team to support the day-to-day operation by delivering planned and reactive maintenance to achieve engineering KPIs.
- Work within the framework of a Business led engineering reliability strategy
- Effective use of SAP PM
- Maintain equipment in line with relevant food safety legislation.
- Support the recruitment, motivation and development of an engineering team to ensure they achieve the goals and targets agreed in their role profiles and performance review meetings.
- Structured and practical engineering training (e.g. apprenticeship/HNC/degree).
- Experience of Electrical and Mechanical maintenance in an FMCG environment.
- H&S / Food Safety systems and legislation knowledge e.g. PUWER, IOSH – able to ensure a safe working environment.
- Basic PLC experience and fault-finding diagnostics (Allen Bradley)
- IT and PC knowledge is able to use widespread functions within relevant software (Inc Office and SAP).
- Communicating skills is articulate/develops effective, long-term relationships with key people.
- Coaching and mentoring skills, takes responsibility for the training and coaching of others..
- Analysing and problem-solving skills, anticipates problems before they occur and takes steps to deal with them/correctly and swiftly identifies the underlying problem and finds appropriate solutions.
- Uses project management techniques to create effective plans with milestones/identifies areas of risk and plan contingency/monitors and communicates work and project progress.
- Makes timely decisions/takes account of the wider risks and implications.
- Uses an understanding of the cost base in own area to improve profitability and monitors engineering budget.
- Leadership skills, inspires others to perform/uses a range of leadership styles/deals effectively with performance issues/creates a sense of trust in the team.
- At last and by no means yeast you will want to know what your breads worth.
- A slice of the annual profits (discretionary profit share)
- Family time is important to us so as well as your holiday entitlement, we'll give you the opportunity to purchase up to an extra weeks annual leave
- Award winning pension scheme with company contributions
- Life assurance
- Products you will love along with deals and discounts for you and the family through our Extra Dough website
- Continued investment in your personal development
- Fully stocked kitchens filled with our delicious products for you to enjoy with your daily brew!
- Support for your health and wellbeing, including access to free physiotherapy, 24/7 access to a confidential helpline for practical advice and a comprehensive occupational health service
- We respect and value difference. We look to create an inclusive workplace that promotes and values diversity. Companies that are diverse in age, gender identity, race, religion, sexual orientation, physical or mental ability, ethnicity, or any other aspect which makes them unique, are proven to be better companies. More importantly, creating an environment where everyone, from any background, can do their best work, is the right thing to do.