Location : Hook
Headquarters : Tysons, Virginia, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
- As part of a programme to create a new environment for one of DXC’s major UK public sector customers, the role is responsible for build work to implement secure messaging services based on Exchange and Outlook.
- Support architect in developing and documenting high level design using given methodology (SAFe), tools and templates.
- Contribute to project planning e.g., identifying objectives for sprints, dependencies, etc.
- Responsible for detailed design and build of messaging infrastructure, with support from architect and other engineers.
- Provide support and guidance to development of test plans, test scripts, test harnesses, etc.
- Responsible for developing scripts and playbooks for automated deployment, with support from automation tooling specialists.
- Responsible for developing operations manual content, agent scripts, user guide, service catalogue content and self-help guides.
- Will go on to support and maintain the products as they progress through system test, security accreditation, UAT and trials.
- Able to read and appreciate the consequences of large volumes of documentation including requirements, policies, standards, etc. Working with the architect, able to analyse and flag up any omissions or inconsistencies.
- Able to liaise effectively with customer representatives.
- Able to liaise effectively with other areas of the programme e.g., programme management office (PMO), other towers with which the project will have to interface (e.g., Security, Service Management, Hosting), System Test), subcontractors and vendors.
- Experience of working in highly secure environments.
- Able to contribute to project planning activities e.g., identifying objectives for sprints, dependencies, etc.
- Familiar with agile and waterfall development methodologies (ideally SAFe), tools and templates.
- Significant practical experience of designing, building and troubleshooting messaging services.
- Previous experience of email systems able to handle protectively marked content.
- Experience of implementing test processes e.g., test plans, test scripts, test harnesses, etc.
- Experience of developing documentation to methodology standards, templates, etc. e.g., designs, scripts, operations manuals.
- Experience of supporting your own builds.