Senior Technical Leader - IoT Applications
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Eindhoven, Netherlands
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Senior Level
- We are Signify, the new company name of Philips Lighting.
- We’re the world leader in lighting for professionals, consumers and for the Internet of Things. Our passion for sustainability makes us one of the top 10 greenest companies in the world.
- See #SignifyLife through the eyes of our employees!
- Working as a Senior Technical Specialist at Signify is dynamic. You‘ll be responsible for handling and supporting the Applications team and their deliveries which will be expected to be on-time with quality. We’re greater together through peer learning in our globally diverse team, with different backgrounds and nationalities.
- We’re looking for Sr. Technical Leader who’ll be responsible for designing and delivering architectures and platforms such as new updates, phase-outs and new options coming out, in preparation for handling disruptive technological advancements. You’ll be part of the R&D Public Team in Bangalore and its responsibilities are building IOT based Smart Lighting outdoor products. Hence Problem Solving, taking ownership, Accountability & Drive/passion for results must be in your DNA.
- Be responsible for supporting translation of customer needs into technical requirements specifications and defining the E2E system architecture and design
- Support in identifying architecture & platform opportunities to stay ahead in the game and launch (complex) products to the market. Define the current and reference architectures
- Define design for system/items/units (for example components) and their interfaces, crafting well defined building blocks, system options and scenarios
- Support Global R&D roadmap, backlog grooming and release planning
- Act as a mentor and coach team towards deciding appropriate system and component design during implementation
- Own & support implementation of the non-functional requirements of the system. Ensure good and up-to-date documentation of the architecture and implementation is available at agreed repositories
- Manage estimates well with good communication channel built with the stake holders.
- Drive and Continuously improve the Agile process within teams.
- Conduct the Technical-reviews and documentation reviews required to define & control products. Ensure the documentation is up to date and can be referred to when necessary.
- As a Senior Technical specialist with R&D Public, you will be a go to person for Development Quality, Automation and complete accountability of the project assigned. Creativity exhibited in terms of various kinds of Application Design, etc and all in all a quality ambassador.
- 8-12 years’ experience in multi-disciplinary IoT systems
- Proven track record on design leadership and delivery
- Technical/Functional Competencies:
- Team player with excellent stakeholder management
- Design thinking & Analytical skills
- Knowledge of Lighting domain is an added advantage
- Good at Influential (communication and presentation) skills.
- Open for project related travel worldwide
- Although your location is Signify Bangalore, this is a global role. You will interact with cross functional stakeholders and suppliers globally
- Signify has different Market Groups and Business Groups. And operates with different business models. You need to deal with a multitude of system/product variants and complexities of business processes and work towards harmonization in alignment with R&D Management
- Knowledge on cross-application integration and support when necessary would be handy
- Strong in UI technologies such as Silverlight - HTML, CSS, JS HTML5, HTML5, JS, Angular
- Middleware Experience on C# (dotnetcore), TPL
- Database expertise on PostgreSQL, Redis (cache), Memcached(cache), Nhibernate(ORM)
- Strong experience of Test concepts, Manual Testing, Automation (Nunit, Nunit3, Mspec)
- Strong Exposure to Monitoring tools such as CloudWatch Metrics, Kibana (Elastisearch)
- Technical and Practical working experience with Cloud Service such as S3, IDM, EC2, Lambda, RDS, ALB
- Experience in having handled Deployment Tools such as CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef
- Good exposure to Automation tools or any other test tools is an added advantage
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Extensive set of tools to drive your career, such as a personalized learning platform, free training and coaching
- We’re committed to the continuous development of our employees, using our learning to shape the future of light and create a sustainable future. Join the undisputed leader in the lighting industry and be part of our diverse global team. #WeAreSignify #SignifyLife
- Send us your resume in English
- Video/phone interview with our recruitment team
- Video/ Phone interview with our hiring managers
- Meet us in person
- Embark on your Signify journey