EE&U IoT Solution Architect
Location : Armonk, NY
Headquarters : United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Architect
Experience : Mid Level
- Analysis skills
- Health insurance
- Tuition reimbursement
- Parental leave
- Life insurance
- At IBM, work is more than a job - it's a calling: To build. To design. To code. To consult. To think along with clients and sell. To make markets. To invent. To collaborate.
- Not just to do something better, but to attempt things you've never thought possible. Are you ready to lead in this new era of technology and solve some of the world's most challenging problems? If so, lets talk.
- As a Senior Energy IoT Solution Architect, you are responsible for solutioning how electricity companies in new ways of unlocking consumption flexibility from large groups of B2B and B2C consumers and trade that flexibility on the power markets for balancing services.
- You will help translate industry business requirements into specific system, application or process designers. You will work with industry experts and developers to identify functional and non-functional requirements and guide others in the identification, justification and solution of the client's IT solutions. The role includes a wide range of activities ranging from client engagements, scoping, design, solutioning and estimations - through the design and implementation of solutions
- +5 years of experience in designing and implementing energy efficiency, smart and micro grid solutions
- Experience with IoT solutions, building management systems, energy profiling, energy efficiency in the industrial sector, energy and utilities
- Excellent analytical skills, strong interpersonal skills and be a positive and well-formulated communicator.
- Interest in digital technologies and interested in the business results that combined Cloud, IoT and AI solutions can deliver.
- Most importantly, you are a team player who enjoys achieving results in collaboration with others, locally and globally, Readiness to travel up to 4 days per week, Fluent English
- An advanced degree, ideally some combination of electrical engineering, business administration and information technology
- Considerable experience with the energy utility industry (electricity/gas distribution or electricity generation), typically gained through employment with a utility and/or several years of consulting, software or others services to the industry.
- Specific skills and experience in one or more aspects of work and asset management and smart grid, smart metering or optimization of power generation, with a demonstrated ability to remain at the leading edge of utility and technology advancements
- The ability to work effectively with people in other cultures and countries.
- Strong written or oral communication skills in English
- Proficiency in another language preferred
- Ability to gather and share information, connect people and build internal communities in a large global organization
- Experience in a client-facing consulting role is preferred
- In-depth expertise in the application of one or more smart grid or power generation subject areas (See detailed responsibilities below)
- Willingness to travel extensively in various parts of the world
- About Business UnitIBM Services is a team of business, strategy and technology consultants that design, build, and run foundational systems and services that is the backbone of the world's economy. IBM Services partners with the world's leading companies in over 170 countries to build smarter businesses by reimagining and reinventing through technology, with its outcome-focused methodologies, industry-leading portfolio and world class research and operations expertise leading to results-driven innovation and enduring excellence.
- This job requires you to be fully COVID-19 vaccinated prior to your start date, where legally permissible. Proof of vaccination status will be required. If you are unable to be vaccinated due to medical, pregnancy or religious reasons, we offer accommodations in accordance with applicable law.
- Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
- Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
- It's time to define your career.
- About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
- Location Statement IBM offers a wide range of resources for eligible IBMers to thrive both inside and outside of work.
- 12 weeks of paid parental bonding leave. Family care options are also available to support eligible employees during COVID-19.
- World-class training and educational resources on our personalized, AI-driven learning platform. IBM's learning culture supports your restless attitude to grow your skills and build the depth and scale of knowledge needed to achieve your career goals.
- Well-being programs to support mental and physical health.
- Financial programs that empower you to plan, save, and manage your money (including expert financial counseling, 401(k), IBM stock discount, etc.).
- Select educational reimbursement opportunities.
- Diverse and inclusive employee resource groups where you can network and connect with IBMers across the globe.
- Giving and volunteer programs to benefit charitable organizations and local communities.
- Discounts on retail products, services, and experiences.
- We consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable law.
- Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.