PHY Systems Engineer
Location : Hillsboro, OR 97124
Headquarters : Santa Clara, California, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Systems Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Doctoral degree
- Master's degree
- Disability insurance
- Health insurance
- Flexible schedule
- We invite you to join Intel's Next Generation & Standards (NGS) Group and the connectivity revolution! We are a global team of passionate engineers and technologists from diverse industry backgrounds, working together to realize a world of connected computing.
- The Intel NGS team is chartered with developing advanced prototypes of various technologies to deliver innovative and state of the art wireless experiences into the market within the Internet of Things, client, connectivity and IoT solutions and other world-class wireless connectivity technologies and products.
- The standards team within NGS conceived key innovations in wireless communication systems including LTE, 5G, and all generations of Wi-Fi. We are looking for innovative engineers who develop deep understanding of problems through thoughtful data-driven analysis and then shepherd the solutions through the lab to real world deployment. Success requires developing an end-to-end view of systems across layers and across disciplines.
- In this position you will help to play a key role in shaping the future of Intel's technologies & products by closely collaborating with internal and external partners, designing and developing advanced mobile technologies to create wireless ecosystems of the future including developing the next generation of wireless technologies for local area wireless communication, indoor positioning, and environmental sensing.
- Your responsibilities will include but not be limited to:
- Developing PHY layer algorithms
- Evaluating link level and system level performance through simulation
- Promoting the concepts you develop in 802.11 and other standards development organizations (SDOs)
- Evaluating and critiquing the concepts proposed by others
- Become an expert in the 802.11 standard and support the development of 802.11 based products
- The successful candidate must demonstrate the following:
- Communications and interpersonal skills
- Self-motivated, creative problem solver and thinker with the skills to turn ideas into intellectual property.
- Analytical and research skills
- We give you opportunities to transform technology and build a better future, by delivering products that touch the lives of every person on earth.
- As the 7th largest global company in innovation and new technology, we foster a collaborative, supportive and boredom-free environment, where the brightest minds in the world come together to achieve exceptional results.
- We offer a competitive salary and financial benefits such as bonuses, opportunities to buy Intel stock at a discounted rate, or Intel stock awards (eligibility at the discretion of Intel Corp.).
- We provide unique benefits that cater to your needs: flexible work hours, private medical plan, travel medical care, life and disability insurance.
- We encourage working hard, but also playing hard! Intel employees are eligible for creative perks such as special recreation activities, discounts on various products and services, and much more.
- Intel is in the midst of an exciting transformation, with a vision to create and extend computing technology to connect and enrich the lives of every person on Earth. With the help of new, creative and diverse voices like yours.
- If you are passionate about this opportunity and ready to help us create the next generation of technologies that will transfer the future for decades to come? If so then we encourage you to apply and be part of our team!
- You must possess the below minimum qualifications to be initially considered for this position. Preferred qualifications are in addition to the minimum requirements and are considered a plus factor in identifying top candidates.
- Master's Degree with 6+ years of experience or PhD with 4+ years of experience in Electrical or Computer Engineering or related field
- 4+ years of experience with signal processing techniques or MIMO technology or forward error correction codes, and other fundamentals of wireless communications.
- Knowledge of WLAN/WPAN standards (802.11, Bluetooth, UWB).
- Evaluating wireless algorithms using MATLAB.
- The Corporate Strategy Office is chartered to support the executive office in driving corporate initiatives, including near and long-term strategy, major cross-group decision making and ensuring cross-company alignment. To deliver to that mission, the team owns shaping, driving and synthesizing insights to directionally orient trends as well as long range strategic planning/visioning , cross company alignment and greenfield innovation. Communications are essential to drive alignment so there is a focus on communications, community and acumen development. The team is ccommitted to ensuring that Intel efforts are aligned to, and actively driving success toward the most impactful business strategies.
US, California, Santa Clara
- Intel Corporation will require all new U.S. employees to be fully-vaccinated for Covid-19 as a condition of hire unless they have an approved accommodation in place under applicable law. Newly-hired employees will be required to provide proof of vaccination prior to their start date.
- All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, military and veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, gender, gender expression, gender identity, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by local law, regulation, or ordinance.