Senior Product Manager - IoT Connected Platform
Location : Edmonton, AB
Headquarters : Vancouver, Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Manager
Experience : Senior Level
Location: Edmonton, AB, CA Toronto, ON, CA Vancouver, British Columbia, CA Calgary, AB, CA
Req ID: 19096
Jobs by Category: Operations
Job Function: Planning and Analysis
Status: Full Time
- Much has been written about how IoT will transform society, from intelligent kitchen appliances to connected cars, and experts predict there will be 75 billion connected “things” by 2025. But IoT is more than just a vision of the future, it’s here now and it’s offering tremendous opportunities for businesses to harness intelligence and become more efficient and profitable. TELUS is here to help with the evolution and be a part of the changing domain!
- Want to be a part of the changing domain? The IoT Connected Platform team at TELUS is leading the charge and we are looking for someone like you to work with us to grow new businesses, shape new exciting services and define how platforms will play a role in driving IoT outcomes. We have an opening for a Senior Product Manager to support the Industry Solutions Platform roadmap responsibilities will be focused specifically on platforms that integrate multiple Vertical applications into a single command and control environment with the ability to provide visualization and analytic outcomes.
- You are team-oriented, energetic and a results-driven thought leader. You will be part of a team that’s focused on driving a strategy to grow and executing on that strategy working across the TELUS value-chain. Working with the Manager Connected Platforms and IoT Connected Platform Director, you will support the team and partner with cross functional stakeholders to deliver on the platform ecosystem strategy.
- All you have to do is bring your passion, great attitude, and grit. Are you ready for the challenge?
- Develop and implement an effective and realistic product strategy and tactics related to SaaS-based pricing, bundling, positioning, product lifecycle, placement, promotion, service guidelines, partnerships and client needs.
- Manage the market and financial performance of existing and/or new platforms(including Revenue, Customer deal criteria/standards, Operating Profit, Free Cash Flow, Net Present Value, Internal Rate of Return, Discounted Payback, and Return on Investment and accountability for P&L.
- Regularly evaluate the effectiveness of product performance in relation to sales and marketing objectives, financial and operational performance and the competitive environment.
- Developing, managing and optimizing multiple end to end value chains with accountable sub-process owners; Respond to production and service delivery issues and ensure resolution in a timely manner
- Use likelihood to recommend, primary and secondary market research and review of competitive landscape to recommend solutions to better support and/or reposition existing or new products.
- Collaborate on cross-functional teams across all business units to manage margin, enable product/service delivery, methods to better support products, and support the delivery of integrated customer solutions through the effective influencing of stakeholders. Analyze and anticipate market, customer, regulatory, and technology trends; collaborate across the stakeholder groups to adapt products accordingly.
- Analyze and anticipate trends and develop, own and maintain a product roadmap and business requirements through the understanding of market, customer, regulatory and technology trends.
What you bring to the table:
- Experience with IoT platforms including SIM management platforms, device management platforms, and data visualization platforms
- Familiarity with IoT security practices and technologies
- Familiarity with hyperscale technologies and applications in IoT and multi-access edge compute (MEC)
- Apply market attracting design thinking skills to create solutions
- Apply Agile to product development initiatives
- Strong project and process management skills, and the ability to lead cross functional teams.
- Excellent communication, presentation, and analytical skills.
- Able to develop relationships with key internal and external contacts, and ability to work within and lead teams.
- Able to develop, maintain and optimize end to end value chains associated with TELUS products and services.
- Knowledge of financial concepts including revenue, costs and profitability.
- Skills include JIRA, MS Project, VISIO, PowerPoint and Excel, or Google Workspace
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or equivalent (MBA an asset)
- 5-7 years of experience in product management and service development