Location : REMOTE
Headquarters : Oakville, Canada
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Experience : Mid Level
Who we are:
- Geotab is a global leader in IoT and connected transportation and certified “Great Place to Work.” We are a company of diverse and talented individuals who work together to help businesses grow and succeed, and increase the safety and sustainability of our communities.
- Geotab is advancing security, connecting commercial vehicles to the internet and providing web-based analytics to help customers better manage their fleets. Geotab’s open platform and Marketplace, offering hundreds of third-party solution options, allows both small and large businesses to automate operations by integrating vehicle data with their other data assets. Processing billions of data points a day, Geotab leverages data analytics and machine learning to improve productivity, optimize fleets through the reduction of fuel consumption, enhance driver safety and achieve strong compliance to regulatory changes.
- Our team is growing and we’re looking for people who follow their passion, think differently and want to make an impact. Ours is a fast paced, ever changing environment. Geotabbers accept that challenge and are willing to take on new tasks and activities - ones that may not always be described in the initial job description. Join us for a fulfilling career with opportunities to innovate, great benefits, and our fun and inclusive work culture. Reach your full potential with Geotab. To see what it’s like to be a Geotabber, check out our blog and follow us @InsideGeotab on Instagram, Twitter or Facebook.
- We are always looking for amazing talent who can contribute to our growth and deliver results! Geotab is seeking an Instructional Designer who will work on our Learning Design Team. The Learning Design Team produces educational materials and experiences for customers, clients and employees. If you love technology, and are keen to join an industry leader — we would love to hear from you!
- The Instructional Designer is responsible for designing and creating learning/eLearning experiences for employee on-boarding, continual learning and external audiences (resellers, installers, end users). This position identifies and analyzes the skills, performance, knowledge, and competencies of the learning audience to create the most effective learning materials.
- Create engaging learning activities and compelling course content that enhances retention and transfer of knowledge.
- Analyze needs to determine effective learning solutions that address knowledge and/or performance gaps in the target audience.
- State instructional end goals and create content that matches them.
- Visualize instructional graphics, the user interface and the finished product.
- Conduct instructional research and analysis on learners and contexts.
- Research and implement best practices for instructional design principles.
- Provide exercises and activities that enhance the learning process.
- Create supporting material/media (audio, video, simulations, role plays, games etc).
- Develop criteria used to judge learner’s performance and develop assessment methods to measure effectiveness of courses/curriculum.
- Maintain project documentation and reports on progress of scheduled projects.
- Post-Secondary Diploma/Degree specialization in instructional design, educational technology, multimedia design, curriculum development or a related field highly valued.
- Professional certification in instructional design with a focus on adult education.
- 3-5 years of experience in instructional design and with instructional technology.
- Excellent knowledge of learning theories and instructional design models.
- Lesson and curriculum planning skills.
- 3-5 years experience with webinars and virtual classroom design and software.
- Solid knowledge of course development software and at least one Learning Management System.
- Ability to write effective copy, instructional text, audio scripts/video scripts.
- Experience working within a technical or engineering organization/knowledge of the high-technology industry is an asset.
- Highly organized and able to manage multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including comfort with delivering presentations and training.
- Must stay relevant to technology and should have the flexibility to adapt to the growing technology and market demands.
- A strong team-player with the ability to engage with all levels of the organization.
- Technical competence using software programs, including, but not limited to, Google Suite for business (Sheets, Docs, Slides).
- Entrepreneurial mindset and comfortable in a flat organization.
- At Geotab, we understand that the world is always changing and that we need to change with it. Geotab has adopted a hybrid model for working, including a flexible work from home program, with the opportunity to work in our safe, clean offices. When working from home, you are required to have a reliable internet connection with at least 50mb DL/10mb UL. Virtual work is supported with cloud-based applications, collaboration tools and asynchronous working. The health and safety of employees are a top priority. We encourage work-life balance and keep the Geotab culture going strong with online social events, chat rooms and gatherings. Join us and help reshape the future of technology!
- We believe that ensuring diversity is fundamental to our future growth and progress and is an integral part of our business. We believe that success happens where new ideas can flourish – in an environment that is rich in diversity and a place where people from various backgrounds can work together. Geotab encourages applications from all qualified individuals. We are committed to accommodating people with disabilities during the recruitment and assessment processes and when people are hired. We will ensure the accessibility needs of employees with disabilities are taken into account as part of performance management, career development, training and redeployment processes. If you require accommodation at any stage of the application process or want more information about our diversity and inclusion as well as accommodation policies and practices, please contact us at email@example.com. Click here to learn more about what happens with your personal data.