Firmware Engineer Job
Location : Brossard, QC
Headquarters : Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Firmware Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Distech Controls’ success and reputation are fueled by our world-class team of employees. We look for qualified individuals who are striving to succeed and that wish to actively contribute to our continued growth. Distech Controls values its team members and offers them a modern, motivating work environment, and competitive salaries and benefits.
- Distech Controls is a Canadian-based company located in Brossard, on the South Shore of Montreal (QC), with a European headquarter in Brignais (Lyon), France. We are proud to be part of the Acuity Brands family since 2015. Our mission is to connect people with intelligent building solutions for better health, better space, better efficiencies through our forward-thinking technologies and services. Our passion for innovation, quality and sustainability guides our business on a daily basis, as we light the way to a brilliant, productive and connected world.
- Innovative driven company
- Dynamic workplace
- Open minded company
- Fast-paced company
- Modern work environment designed for our employees Indoor and outdoor bistro areas, lounges, coffee stations
- DCI - Distech Controls Inc. (North American headquarter)
- Continuous professional development program
- Extensive benefits, including annual performance bonus, group insurance and RRSP program
- 5 floating days and 3 weeks’ vacation from year one (accrual)
- Reward programs
- LEED-Certified building
- Foosball and ping-pong tables
- Situated near quartier Dix30
- On-site gym
- Daily fresh fruit
- Hot and cold beverages stations
- Accessible transportation services including OPUS card reader onsite
- Deep frozen meal prepared by culinary chefs
- Rewards program
- You will play an active role, with and within the team, in the development of firmware, in defining needs until deploying quality products on time and cost, using Agile development methods (SCRUM).
- Program the firmware part on a variety of targets (Cortex A8, M0, M3, M4,...) in C, Java, C.
- Use your creativity to solve complex problems related to new IOT technologies, product developments with graphical interfaces, wireless communications (BLE), low consumption.
- Work with advanced source code management, work management, automated builds and automated testing tools.
- Actively participate in team definition and detailed product design, daily scrums, and sprint planning and review
- Conduct the conceptual study of products and participate in the development of concepts and architectures.
- Document and communicate development as the project progresses.
- Work closely with the different teams during the respective development and pre-release phases (validation, certification, production testing procedures).
- Play a proactive role in improving design methods, tools, processes and standards within the software team.
- Participate in product maintenance.
- Bachelor`s with a major in embedded system / Computer engineering / Electrical or studies in related fields
- Minimum 5 years of experience in a similar position
- Fluent in oral and written English
- Expertise in embedded software development (C, JAVA, C-, Linux, ...) familiar with the use of Visual Studio and GIT.
- Structured, methodical and organized in your work and having a developed synthesis and analysis ability