IBM Cloud Technical Support Engineer – Storage
Location : Bengaluru, Karnataka
Headquarters : Armonk, New York, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Cloud Engineer
Experience : Mid Level
- Software Developers at IBM are the backbone of our strategic initiatives to design, code, test, and provide industry-leading solutions that make the world run today - planes and trains take off on time, bank transactions complete in the blink of an eye and the world remains safe because of the work our software developers do. Whether you are working on projects internally or for a client, software development is critical to the success of IBM and our clients worldwide. At IBM, you will use the latest software development tools, techniques and approaches and work with leading minds in the industry to build solutions you can be proud of.
Who you are
- The IBM Cloud is looking for a talented, innovative and enthusiastic Software engineering professional that will build the next generation cloud resolution/escalation manager to make our customers succeed and contribute to positive Client Experience.
- IBM Cloud has a global cloud presence that continues to grow and expand its reach.
- The Advanced Customer Support team is seeking cloud support engineers with strong technical background that enjoy solving problems and working with customers. As IBM Cloud’s technical support organization, qualified candidates will have a passion for helping customers with a determination to improve the overall client experience by quickly identifying and resolving problems.
- Diagnose, investigate and resolve issues reported by our customers to their satisfaction
- Communicate effectively with customers via ticket, chat and phone
- Document your work in ticketing system to the required level of detail
- Continuously learn and improve your skills in areas relevant to your work
- The Storage Cloud Support Engineer role provides technical support to clients of our infrastructure based offerings and services. The role requires excellent collaboration with team members, other IT organizations, key stakeholders and business partners to meet the needs of the business as well as that of our customers.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot issues reported by IBM Cloud customers.
- Effectively communicate with customers and partners via phone, chat and case regarding technical issues.
- Document and track customer cases from start to finish ensuring customer expectations are properly managed and that technical issues are resolved to the customer’s satisfaction.
- Work with engineering, operations, and management to diagnose and resolve critical issues.
- Use acquired knowledge to suggest, edit, and write in-depth Knowledge Base articles.
- We are a global team, so communication skills (both verbal and written) are critical as well as flexibility to work with team members in other time zones.
- 8+ years of overall experience
- Experience with Multipathing, File, Block (iSCSI, NFS, NAS) and Object Storage (S3, SWIFT)
- Network based backup solutions (VEEAM, R1soft, Quantastor, Evault), Various filesystems (NTFS, ext3/4, xfs)
- Knowledge on troubleshooting with Clients and interact at/troubleshoot those filesystems
- Industry certifications related to storage technologies
- Experience with Virtualization products (VMWare, Citrix XenServer, Hyper-V, etc.) and how they interact with storage technologies
- Experience in storage provisioning, concepts and system administration
- Experience reading and writing code in Powershell
- 8+ years experience working directly with customers.
- 8+ years experience working in the cloud computing industry with a focus around Storage and infrastructure services.
- 8+ years experience troubleshooting complex issues using problem determination and best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Electrical/Computer Engineering or a similar field
- Expert level experience in one or more of these specialized areas:
- Expert level industry and vendor certifications related to infrastructure offerings
- Provisioning, storage concepts, Web servers, Web hosting control panels, system administration.
- Hardware Security Modules.
- Advanced Troubleshooting of OS and Roles
- Linux (CentOS/RedHat,Ubuntu/Debian)
- About Business UnitIBM Cloud Computing is a one-stop shop which provides all the cloud solutions & cloud tools the industries need. IBM Cloud portfolio includes infrastructure as a service (IaaS), software as a service (SaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS) offered through public, private and hybrid cloud delivery models, in addition to the components that make up those clouds.
- IBM Cloud ensures seamless integration into public and private cloud environments. The infrastructure is secure, scalable, and flexible, providing customized enterprise solutions that have made IBM Cloud the Hybrid Cloud Market leader with our market leading IAAS and PAAS Platforms. The IBM Cloud platform is the public cloud offering from IBM providing services to global enterprises. IBM Cloud is the Cloud for Smarter Business, built on Open Technology with Developer Tools and supports solutions by Industry. We run the services and workloads from Watson, Blockchain, Services, Security, and IoT.
- Ready to help drive IBM's success in the Cloud market? This is your chance to research and learn new Cloud related technology products and services, as well as to design and implement quick Cloud based prototypes while advancing your career in leading edge technology.
- Your Life @ IBMAre you craving to learn more? Prepared to solve some of the world's most unique challenges? And ready to shape the future for millions of people? If so, then it's time to join us, express your individuality, unleash your curiosity and discover new possibilities.
- Every IBMer, and potential ones like yourself, has a voice, carves their own path, and uses their expertise to help co-create and add to our story. Together, we have the power to make meaningful change – to alter the fabric of our clients, of society and IBM itself, to create a truly positive impact and make the world work better for everyone.
- About IBMIBM’s greatest invention is the IBMer. We believe that through the application of intelligence, reason and science, we can improve business, society and the human condition, bringing the power of an open hybrid cloud and AI strategy to life for our clients and partners around the world.Restlessly reinventing since 1911, we are not only one of the largest corporate organizations in the world, we’re also one of the biggest technology and consulting employers, with many of the Fortune 50 companies relying on the IBM Cloud to run their business. At IBM, we pride ourselves on being an early adopter of artificial intelligence, quantum computing and blockchain. Now it’s time for you to join us on our journey to being a responsible technology innovator and a force for good in the world.
- When applying to jobs of your interest, we recommend that you do so for those that match your experience and expertise. Our recruiters advise that you apply to not more than 3 roles in a year for the best candidate experience.
- For additional information about location requirements, please discuss with the recruiter following submission of your application.
- Being You @ IBMIBM is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, pregnancy, disability, age, veteran status, or other characteristics. IBM is also committed to compliance with all fair employment practices regarding citizenship and immigration status.