Sr. Software Engineer
Location : 1200 Abernathy Rd, Atlanta, GA 30328
Headquarters : Atlanta, Georgia, United States
Hiring Mode : Full Time
Hiring Role : Developer
Experience : Senior Level
- The Sr. Software Engineer will be responsible for assisting in the development of Mueller’s data and information architecture on AWS Cloud and Microsoft SQL Server. This position will be a key contributor leading and facilitating Mueller’s transformation from hosted infrastructure to the cloud.
- Projects will include building lambdas in either NodeJS or Python, wiring up AWS services like Kinesis/SQS/RDS/API Gateway/etc, as well as coordinating with the teams responsible for other layers of the product infrastructure. Building a product is a highly collaborative effort, and as such, a strong team player with a commitment to perfection is required.
- Work with feature teams to deliver new lambdas and lambda layers.
- Write CloudFormation (YAML) scripts to deliver new AWS infrastructure to staging and production environments
- Work on database related queries (CRUD) for services on MySQL & PostgreSQL
- Leverage new and/or existing AWS architecture components
- Diagnose and fix bugs as well as performance bottlenecks.
- Maintain code and write automated e2e tests to ensure the product is of the highest quality.
- Participate in sprint planning, review, and retrospectives
- Additional responsibilities as assigned by Sr. Director of Engineering
- BS CE, or CS or similar degree
- 4+ years of experience developing commercial software
- Deep experience with AWS services and how services work together
- Knowledge of SQL required: MySQL & PSQL
- Experience writing CloudFormation scripts with YAML
- Ability to write well-documented, clean code that follows community style guidelines
- Understanding of REST APIs
- Working experience with development using git flow
- Collaborative, service-oriented, team focused attitude with a high attention to detail
- Experience with AWS IoT Core is a major plus
- Experience with C#/.NET is a plus
- Experience with Ruby on Rails is a plus
- We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, status as a protected veteran, or any other category protected by law.